5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior Halogen to LED Bulb Swap

Rick8325

Reaction score
Anyone replace their halogen rear amber turn signal bulbs to LED? I've changed just about every exterior light to LED except for the head lights and rear turn signals. I have bought LASFIT brand LED's for most of them but they don't seem to make the rear turn signal bulbs. I've replaced the front turn bulbs and brake/tail lights and they are awesome with no hyperflash or error codes. The manual has the rear turn signals as 3157 but they are a weird European style PWY24W bulb. Doesn't seem like many on this forum have 2019 non-led Rams...

Here's a list for those doing this in the future:

Headlight - H11
High Beam - 9005
Front Turn - 7444CK
Side Marker - T10/W5W
Reverse - 7440/W21W
Brake/Tail - 7443
Rear Turn - PWY24W

EDIT : Fog Lights - H11...don't know how I missed that one.

Last edited:

dstxrado

Reaction score
Anyone replace their halogen rear amber turn signal bulbs to LED? I've changed just about every exterior light to LED except for the head lights and rear turn signals. I have bought LASFIT brand LED's for most of them but they don't seem to make the rear turn signal bulbs. I've replaced the front turn bulbs and brake/tail lights and they are awesome with no hyperflash or error codes. The manual has the rear turn signals as 3157 but they are a weird European style PWY24W bulb. Doesn't seem like many on this forum have 2019 non-led Rams...

Headlight - H11
High Beam - 9005
Front Turn - 7444CK
Side Marker - T10/W5W
Reverse - 7440/W21W
Brake/Tail - 7443
Rear Turn - PWY24W

Do you happen to know the Fog Light bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acat

Reaction score
does the laramie trim come with all LED?

SB89

Reaction score

Headlight - H11
High Beam - 9005
Front Turn - 7444CK
Side Marker - T10/W5W
Reverse - 7440/W21W
Brake/Tail - 7443
Rear Turn - PWY24W

EDIT : Fog Lights - H11...don't know how I missed that one.
Has anyone found a rear amber LED turn signal bulb anywhere online yet?

pgers22

Reaction score
have you upgraded the headlights yet? are they the same bulbs for all Ram trucks? just got a rebel and would love to upgrade the bulbs. I was looking at Retrofit source as i have used them in the past and they have a nice pair of Morimoto H11's i am curious about

Rick8325

Reaction score
have you upgraded the headlights yet? are they the same bulbs for all Ram trucks? just got a rebel and would love to upgrade the bulbs. I was looking at Retrofit source as i have used them in the past and they have a nice pair of Morimoto H11's i am curious about
Yes I got the Lasfit LA Plus - H11. They are awesome. Had to get decoders because they along with the H11 fog lights had a slight flicker. All plug and play. Lasfit worked with me and was nice enough to send me 2 pairs of decoders for no charge to test their product.

https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...-free-anti-flicker-resistor-canceller-decoder

Maple

Reaction score
does the laramie trim come with all LED?
Mostly - the cargo and center stop lamp are halogen for some weird reason. They're an easy fix, though, you can find the bulbs on Amazon and then it's two screws to take out the assembly, pop out the old bulbs, and pop in the new ones. I think there are some interior bulbs (map light?) that are also not LED, I haven't bothered to swap those.

acat

Reaction score
Mostly - the cargo and center stop lamp are halogen for some weird reason. They're an easy fix, though, you can find the bulbs on Amazon and then it's two screws to take out the assembly, pop out the old bulbs, and pop in the new ones. I think there are some interior bulbs (map light?) that are also not LED, I haven't bothered to swap those.

Cool, thanks for the info

Rick8325

Reaction score
I’ve gone through 3 of those cheap 3rd brake/cargo light Amazon LEDs and they did not last long. Maybe got a month out of them. At least that’s my experience with them.

acat

Reaction score
I’ve gone through 3 of those cheap 3rd brake/cargo light Amazon LEDs and they did not last long. Maybe got a month out of them. At least that’s my experience with them.
I am pretty concerned about these cheap ones as they don't have a heat sink, as a long investment, I am okay to buy some better ones like have cree led chip and a big heat sink, but the question is, with a certain size of heat since, can I still put the module back in?

Maple

Reaction score
Could you PM a link for this, was not able to find this deal

Not quite $2 a piece, but I used these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078MR9XJF/ for white and one of these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JJZQWKT/ for the brake light - they're still working a couple of months later, through cold and hot weather (thanks single days of spring and winter thrown into March). Due to the package sizes, I have an extra set if they do go bad.
There is another thread that listed other bulbs (including some specific ones to avoid), but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Not quite $2 a piece, but I used these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078MR9XJF/ for white and one of these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JJZQWKT/ for the brake light - they're still working a couple of months later, through cold and hot weather (thanks single days of spring and winter thrown into March). Due to the package sizes, I have an extra set if they do go bad.
There is another thread that listed other bulbs (including some specific ones to avoid), but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
Those Earthland 912/T15 bulbs are what died out in mine. Maybe I got a bad batch.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Me too. I bought this four pack six months ago and one has already burned out and I just noticed another flickering on it's way out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1FVK93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can anyone recommend a good, long-life LED for the cargo, thrid brake light application? I'm all over paying more to get a lifetime light.

SB89

Reaction score
Me too. I bought this four pack six months ago and one has already burned out and I just noticed another flickering on it's way out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1FVK93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can anyone recommend a good, long-life LED for the cargo, thrid brake light application? I'm all over paying more to get a lifetime light.

These are the LASFIT bulbs I ordered. No issues so far in very cold temps (or in today's warmer temps). Check their website if they're out of stock on Amazon.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Seems like all of Lasfit’s leds are not available to buy on Amazon for the last few days...

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Do you think some of these LED cargo light replacements would be too bright for the eyes in the car behind when braking at night or reversing? Are they hard to look at in general?

Users who are viewing this thread