5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior cab lights break light LED

Ram1984

Reaction score
I bought 3 921 bulbs,,,2 white led,,and 1 red led. I haven’t had any problems with them in 5 weeks

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
^^^ those are like the ones I got.work great no issues as of yet
I am having an issue with my truck and I wonder if any of you are getting it. I get and extra 6th chime and i don’t know if it is from the led lights look at the video and no it’s not the seatbelt I’ve tried on and off and it still does it and i don’t get any type of code just an extra chime please let me know if any of you guys are getting this

Thank you so much!!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang man idk. I def don’t have that last ding. Did you check messages in IC?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would put 5 on it...... that I’ve seen this issue before here. Ugh. Try putting other bulbs back in see what happens. Though 3rd brake light is signal direct with no feedback on it. And cargo wouldn’t do that. Or I’ll say shouldn’t do that.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
New here, but old to converting incandescents over to LEDs because of our travel trailers. The bulbs I've seen referenced and linked so far are a bit hit or miss - you don't want to know how much $$$ I've dumbed into finding the best of them over the years... Anyway, before finding this site, and my first mod to my new 2019 RAM after seeing the cargo/CHMSL were incandescent, was to install LEDs. These are ones I've had the best longevity, wet/humid weather, and cold performance from:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C6TKV3M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
@geotex1 -just installed these in the CHMSL. Got the red version for the brake light. What a difference a bulb makes! Thanks for the bulb info.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Can someone help me confirm? I just noticed that upon ignition, a message appears in the center cluster that Lane Keep Assist and ACC is off. After several seconds, LKA is active. All seems to function as normal. And when I shut off, the same message flashes for a split second. I never noticed this before, however, I did swap out the 3 CHMSL/cargo bulbs for LEDs. So not sure if this start up message is spec or did the swap cause an error. Before, I swap out again, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this in theirs.

Attachments

• 3B8FC600-112A-49E2-8E7B-9A9D3B1B6933.jpeg
    3B8FC600-112A-49E2-8E7B-9A9D3B1B6933.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Can someone help me confirm? I just noticed that upon ignition, a message appears in the center cluster that Lane Keep Assist and ACC is off. After several seconds, LKA is active. All seems to function as normal. And when I shut off, the same message flashes for a split second. I never noticed this before, however, I did swap out the 3 CHMSL/cargo bulbs for LEDs. So not sure if this start up message is spec or did the swap cause an error. Before, I swap out again, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this in theirs.
ID10T error! Center screen was defaulted to lane sense. I had changed the layout around the same time I changed the bulbs and forgot that part! No issue when in any other screen.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
ID10T error! Center screen was defaulted to lane sense. I had changed the layout around the same time I changed the bulbs and forgot that part! No issue when in any other screen.
LOL. Hadn't seen that in a while. A term used in IT on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread