5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior cab lights break light LED

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Replaced the bulbs earlier took me 5 mins, it's 4 Phillip head screws and 3 bulbs to replace. Idk why ram didn't do this from the beginning. Cheap mofos. Looks a lot better now..

I posted the bulbs below from amazon.. I found them from someone else on this forum but i don't remember from who. Thanks btw lol
Easy and cheap upgrade

Attachments

• 20181122_134336.jpg
    20181122_134336.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot_20181122-163110.png
    Screenshot_20181122-163110.png
    618.4 KB · Views: 267

Magblk75

Reaction score
Replaced the bulbs earlier took me 5 mins, it's 4 Phillip head screws and 3 bulbs to replace. Idk why ram didn't do this from the beginning. Cheap mofos. Looks a lot better now..

I posted the bulbs below from amazon.. I found them from someone else on this forum but i don't remember from who. Thanks btw lol
Easy and cheap upgrade

Thanks dude!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

geotex1

Reaction score
New here, but old to converting incandescents over to LEDs because of our travel trailers. The bulbs I've seen referenced and linked so far are a bit hit or miss - you don't want to know how much $$$ I've dumbed into finding the best of them over the years... Anyway, before finding this site, and my first mod to my new 2019 RAM after seeing the cargo/CHMSL were incandescent, was to install LEDs. These are ones I've had the best longevity, wet/humid weather, and cold performance from:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C6TKV3M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grunkster

Reaction score
so whichever ones are chosen, you need to purchase 3...correct?

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
New here, but old to converting incandescents over to LEDs because of our travel trailers. The bulbs I've seen referenced and linked so far are a bit hit or miss - you don't want to know how much $$$ I've dumbed into finding the best of them over the years... Anyway, before finding this site, and my first mod to my new 2019 RAM after seeing the cargo/CHMSL were incandescent, was to install LEDs. These are ones I've had the best longevity, wet/humid weather, and cold performance from:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C6TKV3M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In the description it specifically says not to use in Ram backup lights as there's still canbus issues. Have you have any error messages or problems?

geotex1

Reaction score
In the description it specifically says not to use in Ram backup lights as there's still canbus issues. Have you have any error messages or problems?

I have these only in the cargo and CHMSL, and no errors yet. About 110 miles since I swapped them in. I didn't buy these originally for the RAM, but they are leftovers from swapping in my camper.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
My bad, I was thinking the cargo lights in the CHMSL came on with reverse lights too. I'm always in the truck when it goes into reverse. ;)

Or maybe they do, and it's just not throwing errors. Either way all good.

Zinger

Reaction score
I have these only in the cargo and CHMSL, and no errors yet. About 110 miles since I swapped them in. I didn't buy these originally for the RAM, but they are leftovers from swapping in my camper.

It does make you wonder why the only lights that are not LED on the whole truck are the cargo and CHMSL...

eduardolalo11

Reaction score

Easy and cheap upgrade
Did you get any error messages?

Users who are viewing this thread