5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Just signed for my truck yesterday. I will be calling them in looking into this in about a month. Money coming out like crazy right doing house project. Love that I can finance this as well. Put down about half and I am good to go. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I rarely buy extended warranties ... But did so after seeing the Ziegler quote. Even if I don't keep the truck 8 years, the ability to talk up the warranty can only help resell value. Peace of mind on a first year model doesn't hurt either.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just signed for my truck yesterday. I will be calling them in looking into this in about a month. Money coming out like crazy right doing house project. Love that I can finance this as well. Put down about half and I am good to go. Thanks everyone.

Don’t forget to apply for the $250 “Bonus Drive” rebate. Google it. There’s like 1 requirement, and its not Allstate insurance. Hundreds of us have gotten it, takes 6-8 weeks, all done online.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Don’t forget to apply for the $250 “Bonus Drive” rebate. Google it. There’s like 1 requirement, and its not Allstate insurance. Hundreds of us have gotten it, takes 6-8 weeks, all done online.

Just did it. Thanks!

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Another benefit of the proper Extended warranty for me ... It saves me money for 5 extra years. How? I know me - I like to add a supercharger on my vehicles once the factory warranty expires. So I've at least delayed that purchase! Okay, I have installed forced induction during the warranty period, but I'm trying to make better decisions in my 50s. Trying ;-)

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another benefit of the proper Extended warranty for me ... It saves me money for 5 extra years. How? I know me - I like to add a supercharger on my vehicles once the factory warranty expires. So I've at least delayed that purchase! Okay, I have installed forced induction during the warranty period, but I'm trying to make better decisions in my 50s. Trying ;-)
Turning 65 shortly and ride a BMW K1300S MC, less bad decisions in my later years and I do my best to separate ignorance from stupidity. Ignorance is that you don't have the knowledge, stupid is you have the knowledge and do it anyhow. I think as the testosterone diminishes the brain functions in a more rational manor but not 100%.

Hell, you still have to have some fun!

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Turning 65 shortly and ride a BMW K1300S MC, less bad decisions in my later years and I do my best to separate ignorance from stupidity. Ignorance is that you don't have the knowledge, stupid is you have the knowledge and do it anyhow. I think as the testosterone diminishes the brain functions in a more rational manor but not 100%.

Hell, you still have to have some fun!
Wouldn't dispute any of that. I get my forced induction jollies in my Viper, still jump on the Harley every now and then. But I do love this truck! 52 now ... Hoping to be 65 level wise by the time I hit it. A man can dream.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

I contacted all the people I know of that sell discounted genuine Mopar warranties for a price comparison. Did I miss anyone?

Zeigler
Clay Robbins
Tom Winkels
Riedman Motors
Chrysler Warranty's
Jeep Factory Warranty
Mopar Service Contracts
Chrysler Warranty Direct
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Jason Edmonson

Check out this link to see who had the lowest prices.

dlrsavannah

Reaction score
We got an extended warranty through the dealer when we bought our 2020 with Total Warranty Services but after some research I’ve decided to cancel it and go through Mopar. Mopar is cheaper and looks to cover more things. TWS has some bad reviews with the BBB.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
We got an extended warranty through the dealer when we bought our 2020 with Total Warranty Services but after some research I’ve decided to cancel it and go through Mopar. Mopar is cheaper and looks to cover more things. TWS has some bad reviews with the BBB.
Good move...Third Party Warranties are NEVER a good thing and just big money makers for the dealers. Cancel and get the MOPAR and never look back!

dlrsavannah

Reaction score
It’s funny to me why the dealer would even offer a more expensive 3rd party warranty when they could offer Mopar at a better price. Kickbacks indeed.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
It’s funny to me why the dealer would even offer a more expensive 3rd party warranty when they could offer Mopar at a better price. Kickbacks indeed.
It doesn't even need actual kickbacks.
They sell a Mopar Service Contract for $3000 and they make $700 profit.
They sell a Acme Service Contract for $3000 and they make $1100 profit.
It is very tempting for them to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread