5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
how much is the same plan down in your neck of the woods?
Well under $2,000. I believe when I was pricing the plans it was around $1700-$1800. I only went with a 7/75 plan as I only drive about 6-7K miles per year so I saved several hundred dollars. I bought my truck on 2/18/2019 and I just turned 6000 miles ever the past weekend.

barr0208

Reaction score
Well under $2,000. I believe when I was pricing the plans it was around $1700-$1800. I only went with a 7/75 plan as I only drive about 6-7K miles per year so I saved several hundred dollars. I bought my truck on 2/18/2019 and I just turned 6000 miles ever the past weekend.
ok my plan in us dollars would be about $3275 a little higher but not that bad yes considering everything is more expensive here than in the states including purchasing my ram.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok my plan in us dollars would be about $3275 a little higher but not that bad yes considering everything is more expensive here than in the states including purchasing my ram.
For comparison, I paid $2,990 for a Mopar Lifetime MaxCare (unlimited miles, $100 deductible) warranty while they were still offered.

barr0208

Reaction score
For comparison, I paid $2,990 for a Mopar Lifetime MaxCare (unlimited miles, $100 deductible) warranty while they were still offered.
just to give you an example we pay on average $2.39 for dozen grade a eggs you on average pay 99 cents 2 times more so at least my warranty isn't 2 times more lol

RamLink83

Reaction score
I was able to get my dealership to match Ziegler's price at the time of delivery. I got a Maxcare warranty (8year/60,000) with $100 ded for $1075 US dollars. I only put about 4-5k a year on my truck so I went with a lower mile one.

ramhead

Reaction score
What's the deal with the pricing and mileage/years owned? Reason I ask is I leased my truck but will probably buy it at end of lease (been great, no issues, knock wood). But I remember seeing getting the warranty in the first 12 months or with less than a certain number of miles is cheaper. I'll only have about 16 - 18K miles at the end of 3 year lease and would rather not buy the extended warranty until then/when I have to make a final decision (re: keep or turn in) if it's not going to be outrageously more expensive.

RJS

Reaction score
What's the deal with the pricing and mileage/years owned? Reason I ask is I leased my truck but will probably buy it at end of lease (been great, no issues, knock wood). But I remember seeing getting the warranty in the first 12 months or with less than a certain number of miles is cheaper. I'll only have about 16 - 18K miles at the end of 3 year lease and would rather not buy the extended warranty until then/when I have to make a final decision (re: keep or turn in) if it's not going to be outrageously more expensive.
Call Ziegler or Clay at Robbins Motors and ask them. They will tell you the current numbers but remember the costs will change as they go up most years.

rebel without a cause

Reaction score
Whatever you decide I would wait till your 3 year, 36,000 is done. Or look into something that is pro-rated should you decide you don't want your truck a few years down the line.

rxit

Reaction score
Is "payinfull" the code to use or is there something else?
payinfull is the code to use for a discount. It was still working when I bought mine a couple weeks ago. Can't remember for sure but it saved me several hundred dollars using that on Zeiglers website.

Hope this helps someone else. This forum is great. I found the discount code here i wouldn't have known about and got the $250 rebate that I wouldn't have known about.

BillyCrash

Reaction score
Just purchased a maxcare warranty from Zeigler. The payinfull discount code is still working. Thanks to those who posted that tip.
I did the same yesterday. I was originally going to purchase with CWD, but the Zeigler deal with the code was a better price for the same plan. Went with Maxcare 6/60 for $745. Great deal. Thanks to all those that have posted the code!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a fca warranty 7/160,000 klms (100,000)miles covers everything but wear items like belts tire brakes and rotors. the electronics are 100 percent covered including all your led s and radio components.
I wish I could have gotten that , in Ontario the best bumper to bumper warranty through FCA is 5 year 100,000km

dirtfreak20

Reaction score
Just for awareness here are some other sites I’ve seen people buy FCA warranties from, not sure if anyone has any experience with them.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a fca warranty 7/160,000 klms (100,000)miles covers everything but wear items like belts tire brakes and rotors. the electronics are 100 percent covered including all your led s and radio components.

How much?

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish I could have gotten that , in Ontario the best bumper to bumper warranty through FCA is 5 year 100,000km

London, Ontario - I was offered a 5/160 for $3700 when I bought the truck

Wife got a 7/140 for her 2019 Wrangler, same dealer

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

ldoh

Reaction score
One item at the end of zeigler's website mentions the dealer has their own extended warranty exclusions. See dealer for details. Gotta wonder how that works against you. Here's a interesting detail in the general MaxCare PDF flyer:

"Plan service will be provided by the dealer who sold you the plan. In the event you cannot return to the selling dealer for service, you may "request" service from any Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge or Ram dealer within the US,... If you are unable to plan service from an authorized dealer, call our toll-free number to receive service instructions."

It might be better to contact a local dealer to see if they would match zeigler's quote.

Users who are viewing this thread