5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty wholesale thru Mopar .

Shmannion13

Reaction score
I opted to not get the extended warranty thru the dealer mainly cause of cost. Offer me 10 year at $34xx and a 7 year at $28xx 7 year had a money back value if it was unused. I have up to 1000 miles to change my mind I was wondering if anyone said no to it as well and bought a Mopar maximum care thru the wholesale 3rd party where there is more options such as deductible amounts that change cost and just cheaper overall. Any info would be greatly appreciated I’ve had my truck for about 4 days and this is all I’ve been thinking about.

RJS

Reaction score
I bought my Mopar warranty through a different dealership (Robbins Motors) about three months after I purchased the 19 Laramie. My understanding is the cost increases after 12 mo/12,000 miles if you wait. The longest Mopar warranty is 8 yrs 125,000 miles with $0/100/200 deductible options. Remember that the 8 yrs and mileage coverage starts on the day you buy the truck so it's really a 5 year extension. Cost should be around $2400 for the 8/125 $200 deductible.

What you gain by buying before the 12/12 time frame is lower cost for the policy, key replacement, guaranteed rental car coverage, although limited, and some other things.

My dealer didn't even want to talk about the Mopar coverage as he was pushing a third party one for over $4500 so I just declined and bought the Mopar one at the cheapest seller I could find.

I had a third party warranty on my 14 Ram from Fidelity because it was a Canadian return (no Mopar Warranty available). While I was reasonably confident they would pay for repairs, after talking to them, it seemed they would cover with no discussion repairs at a facility they had agreements with and none in this area were Ram dealers. They said they would cover at other repair shops but I seem to recall that it took discussions with the shop and Fidelity. Seemed like a bit of an hassle if I was traveling outside my local area. I like the fact that the Mopar plan covers it at all FCA dealers just like the 36/36 initial warranty with a few minor differences.

I checked prices at all the usual suspects listed on Ram sites and IIRC they were all dealers, just some of them seem to be happy selling the official Mopar warranty at a minimal markup compared to many other dealers like mine.

Last edited:

Shmannion13

Reaction score
I bought my Mopar warranty through a different dealership (Robbins Motors) about three months after I purchased the 19 Laramie. My understanding is the cost increases after 12 mo/12,000 miles if you wait. The longest Mopar warranty is 8 yrs 125,000 miles with $0/100/200 deductible options. Remember that the 8 yrs and mileage coverage starts on the day you buy the truck so it's really a 5 year extension. Cost should be around $2400 for the 8/125 $200 deductible.

What you gain by buying before the 12/12 time frame is lower cost for the policy, key replacement, guaranteed rental car coverage, although limited, and some other things.

My dealer didn't even want to talk about the Mopar coverage as he was pushing a third party one for over $4500 so I just declined and bought the Mopar one at the cheapest seller I could find.

I had a third party warranty on my 14 Ram from Fidelity because it was a Canadian return (no Mopar Warranty available). While I was reasonably confident they would pay for repairs, after talking to them, it seemed they would cover with no discussion repairs at a facility they had agreements with and none in this area were Ram dealers. They said they would cover at other repair shops but I seem to recall that it took discussions with the shop and Fidelity. Seemed like a bit of an issue if I was traveling outside my local area. I like the fact that the Mopar plan covers it at all FCA dealers just like the 36/36 initial warranty with a few minor differences.
has anyone ever had a problem using a company like Ziegler when going to a local dealer. Like with them honoring the warranty that they didn’t sell?

RJS

Reaction score
has anyone ever had a problem using a company like Ziegler when going to a local dealer. Like with them honoring the warranty that they didn’t sell?
A fair question but it is a warranty (well!! service agreement) through and backed by FCA. I suspect that a dealer could refuse to do work under this warranty or even the original 36/36 BTB warranty but why? They represent FCA, are a dealer and they will get paid for the repair unlike working with a third party company.

Shmannion13

Reaction score
A fair question but it is a warranty (well!! service agreement) through and backed by FCA. I suspect that a dealer could refuse to do work under this warranty or even the original 36/36 BTB warranty but why? They represent FCA, are a dealer and they will get paid for the repair unlike working with a third party company.
All right excellent ....thank you for taking the time out to answer my questions !!!! I guess I have some time the truck only has 51 miles on it. I just bought it and then came home and bought a tonneau cover and side steps I would like to let the bank account take a breather

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This has been asked and answered on other threads, but it's a Mopar warranty. I would think you could run this up the flagpole with FCA if one of their dealers didn't want to support a factory warranty.

Rick J

Reaction score

derp

Reaction score

My value out of the warranty so far.

If I had the option of taking my truck to my preferred shop for TSB repairs, my wheels would never touch dealership lot again. warranty at the dealerships is the worst customer service I have had in my life. You are not the customer for warranty work, FCA is. The dealership has a captive market of repair work steered from FCA to them based on franchise area and if you hate their guts, they still get paid the same from FCA.

This makes you a captive market customer. You aren't getting paid, or doing the paying. There is no reason to do anything above the letter of the warranty or in a timely fashion.

FCA claims that the dealerships are fully independent and they have no recourse. The dealerships claim they can only do what FCA allows. Nobody is accountable, except you to pay that loan on time.

If there is a warranty repair option through a third party shop that can get around the SGW lockouts and get actual update firmware from FCA, I would love to know about it.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I opted to not get the extended warranty thru the dealer mainly cause of cost. Offer me 10 year at $34xx and a 7 year at $28xx 7 year had a money back value if it was unused. I have up to 1000 miles to change my mind I was wondering if anyone said no to it as well and bought a Mopar maximum care thru the wholesale 3rd party where there is more options such as deductible amounts that change cost and just cheaper overall. Any info would be greatly appreciated I’ve had my truck for about 4 days and this is all I’ve been thinking about.
When I purchased my 2019 Ram Ltd, I took the Vin from my purchase papers and popped the info in at Ziegler Auto Group on line. I bought an 8 year with 125,000 miles with a $200. deductible for $2105.00. I thought it was so cheap I had to get it. These trucks have so much electronics and they will go bad, especially the air suspension which is extremely costly to repair. When I bring my car in for service or warranty work over night I've gotten a free loaner car due to the extended warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread