5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty Source?

U

User_3336

2023 Ram 1500 LTD 4x4 -

8 years/125k miles MaxCare for $2890 - $150 for paying in full = $2740

I have not seen a lower price but if you have I’m more than happy to pay less.

When I was shopping for maxcare for my Durango in 2019 Robbins also turned out to be the lowest price. FCA warranty is a commodity so if you got a better price than that post it…I don’t mind spending less for it.
Deductible? (hard to figure a quote without that variable).

John Galt

Reaction score
Deductible? (hard to figure a quote without that variable).
Looks like Zeigler’s price on the same plan is $2790 with the $365 pay in full discount. Not bad but Robbins is $50 less and $50 is $50.

U

User_3336

Looks like Zeigler’s price on the same plan is $2790 with the $365 pay in full discount. Not bad but Robbins is $50 less and $50 is $50.
Yeah, not the "couple of hundred" cheaper than you originally quoted. that certainly threw a red flag! LOL
Zeigler would probably gave you the same price.

When it comes to these plans, NO ONE reseller is going to undersell the other one by "hundreds" (unless they are losing money, and why would they want to do that).

John Galt

Reaction score
Yeah, not the "couple of hundred" cheaper than you originally quoted. that certainly threw a red flag! LOL
Zeigler would probably gave you the same price.

When it comes to these plans, NO ONE reseller is going to under the other one by "hundreds" (unless they are losing money, and why would they want to do that).
I wasn’t talking about Ziegler in particular but I DID get quotes that were hundreds more. Before I buy extended warranties I always check Ziegler and Robbins because they have the best prices. Last 2 times Robbins was cheaper.

Even Mark Dodge where I bought my truck was more expensive by “hundreds“ and it wasn’t even a real FCA warranty.

If you’re one of those people who like to argue semantics on the internet then ok you win. You got me. I got better things to do than argue over meaningless details on a weekend.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2023 Ram 1500 LTD 4x4 -

8 years/125k miles MaxCare for $2890 - $150 for paying in full = $2740

I have not seen a lower price but if you have I’m more than happy to pay less.

When I was shopping for maxcare for my Durango in 2019 Robbins also turned out to be the lowest price. FCA warranty is a commodity so if you got a better price than that post it…I don’t mind spending less for it.
I have the same plan but because the Ram is a third vehicle I was able to cut mileage to 60K and got it for $1200.

U

User_3336

If you’re one of those people who like to argue semantics on the internet then ok you win. You got me. I got better things to do than argue over meaningless details on a weekend.
Nope, not "arguing semantics". But when someone initially claims they got such a better deal than anyone else is offering, it does catch attention, and its not just a "meaningless detail".
Have a great rest of the weekend.

U

User_3336

I have the same plan but because the Ram is a third vehicle I was able to cut mileage to 60K and got it for $1200.
8 year / 60K / $200 ded MAXCARE not bad @ $1200.

Might could have saved a hundred or so.

Who did you get your plan from?

John Galt

Reaction score
Nope, not "arguing semantics". But when someone initially claims they got such a better deal than anyone else is offering, it does catch attention, and its not just a "meaningless detail".
Have a great rest of the weekend.
If one were not to pay in full Robbins cheaper than Ziegler by “hundreds”. 2.15 of them.

If one does pay in full Robbins is STILL cheaper by $50.

Better?

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If one were not to pay in full Robbins cheaper than Ziegler by “hundreds”. 2.15 of them.

If one does pay in full Robbins is STILL cheaper by $50.

Better?
Doesn't Grainger or Ziegler beat anyone else's price by $50 though? I recall seeing it somewhere here... So that would be $50 cheaper then Robbins wouldn't it?

U

User_3336

Doesn't Grainger or Ziegler beat anyone else's price by $50 though? I recall seeing it somewhere here... So that would be $50 cheaper then Robbins wouldn't it?
I think it was Granger was $50 over cost, and Zeigler would match that.

Granger doesn't have a website (you have to email and wait on quote #'s, then sign contracts back and forth thru email, and have to call and give your credit card #).

Robbins doesn't have a website either.

Zeigler has a fully automated website for quotes and purchases, and you have the contract the next day.

to me $50 was worth not having to "back and forth". Its purchased and its done online.

TripleB

Reaction score
there is just NO way, period. What were the details of your quote specifically?
I compared Z to Robbins yesterday for 72/ 125. Max Care. Robbins was a couple hundred less than Z. If you believe people are lying to you than figure it yourself.

U

User_3336

I compared Z to Robbins yesterday for 72/ 125. Max Care. Robbins was a couple hundred less than Z. If you believe people are lying to you than figure it yourself.
We did that earlier. Its was generally about $50 different, not hundreds.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any extended car warranty starts at "in-service" date. (on new, when you bought the vehicle)

What vehicle are you referring to that has a 60,000 mile warranty?

I think he is referring to the factory powertrain warranty, which is 5 year / 60K.

However, the Maxcare applies to the 3 year / 36K bumper to bumper warranty.

U

User_3336

I think he is referring to the factory powertrain warranty, which is 5 year / 60K.

However, the Maxcare applies to the 3 year / 36K bumper to bumper warranty.
Probably, but in every extended warranty, there is overlap in coverage. an ESP does cover quite a few things other than the powertrain from 36000 to 60000.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Probably, but in every extended warranty, there is overlap in coverage. an ESP does cover quite a few things other than the powertrain from 36000 to 60000.

Absolutely, that's why I actually got the Maxicare Warranty even though in 7 years I probably won't even hit 50,000 miles. For the things besides powertrain, though I wished it included body seals, water intrusion and paint, which it does not.

dirtydog24

Reaction score
I think it was Granger was $50 over cost, and Zeigler would match that.

Granger doesn't have a website (you have to email and wait on quote #'s, then sign contracts back and forth thru email, and have to call and give your credit card #).

Robbins doesn't have a website either.

Zeigler has a fully automated website for quotes and purchases, and you have the contract the next day.

to me $50 was worth not having to "back and forth". Its purchased and its done online.

Do you have Ziegler’s website for the warranty quotes? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody have the Auto Appearance Care Plus add-on to the MaxCare warranty. I notice that this includes "Interior Trim and Upholstery Coverage" which is listed in their brochure as
"Your interior will stay free of those unsightly damages. Coverage applies to damaged areas up to 2” in diameter."

I wonder if this would cover cleaning the headliner after the rear window leak once out of warranty. If it did, then you couldn't get the rear window reaplced as a warranty item, but they'd at least clean the headliner. Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online