5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty Source?

TripleB

Reaction score
Where are owners purchasing Mopar Ext Warranty?
In the past i used Robbins Auto in KS. Probably still use them but figure best to double check.
Today 72 mth 125k miles is $2070. Paid in full $1920.

Thanks.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Zeigler and Granger are the two most prominent here, usually 50% cheaper than directly from Mopar.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Robbins auto appears to still be less for Mopar Max Care

That's cool, we can add a 3rd option for forum members.

For my plan, which was 72 months / 60K miles Maxcare, since I don't drive that many miles was $970 or so. Mopar was over 2K for the same plan. I got mine from Granger, but Zeigler was the same price.

n7qpp

Reaction score
I went with Granger - they were $50 less than others as they promise. Process was very smooth and highly automated. No issues

CoZo6

Reaction score
In the past i used Robbins Auto in KS. Probably still use them but figure best to double check.

Thanks.
Always been a fan of Robbins 2 times…oftentimes pays to go back home!

Ramerod24

Reaction score
Are you guys purchasing the extended warranty at purchase or at the end of your standard warranty?

I want to purchase an extended warranty at the end of my standard warranty.

TripleB

Reaction score
Are you guys purchasing the extended warranty at purchase or at the end of your standard warranty?

I believe the sooner you buy it with lesser miles the less it cost compared to buying it later.

There are lots of place that sell Mopar Warranty. They are brokering them you could say. Their profit is what ever mark up sweet spot the use. Robbins mark up is liigle but they sell a lot of them.

[email protected]. is the guy i am about to get another one with.

Ramerod24

Reaction score
However let’s say the standard warranty is for 60,000 miles and I purchase a 72,000 mile warranty at purchase…. I’m paying $2-$3K for an additional 12,000 miles. Doesn’t sound like a worthwhile purchase or gamble.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
I have always purchased mine from Zeigler. They are pretty good on price. Promo code "PAYINFULL"
gets you $365 off the posted internet price.
they website is fully automated. Get a quote, pay online, and have your contract the next day.]

(There are a few others online, but I dislike emailing back and forth for quotes, and having to call someone to finalize the sale.)

GregHBNA

Reaction score
However let’s say the standard warranty is for 60,000 miles and I purchase a 72,000 mile warranty at purchase…. I’m paying $2-$3K for an additional 12,000 miles. Doesn’t sound like a worthwhile purchase or gamble.
Any extended car warranty starts at "in-service" date. (on new, when you bought the vehicle)

What vehicle are you referring to that has a 60,000 mile warranty?

John Galt

Reaction score

Thanks.
I just reached out to Robbins for my Limited about 2 weeks ago and it was still a few hundred bucks better than anything else Ive seen if you pay in full.

RamBum

Reaction score
Another nice thing about Ziegler - you get a refund quickly if you don't use all of your warranty. I sold my 2017 Big Horn and bought a 2023 Laramie. Had my refund from Ziegler in about a week. Used it to help pay for the extended warranty on the new truck.

John Galt

Reaction score
Another nice thing about Ziegler - you get a refund quickly if you don't use all of your warranty. I sold my 2017 Big Horn and bought a 2023 Laramie. Had my refund from Ziegler in about a week. Used it to help pay for the extended warranty on the new truck.
This is true for ANY FCA extended warranty.

You can either go back to the dealer you bought it from or direct to FCA and cancel any extended warranty at any time (you don’t even have to sell your vehicle- you can just cancel it and get a refund). I just did it on my 2019 Durango with Robbins and got the check about a week and a half later from FCA.

John Galt

Reaction score

You can buy it any time but best before your factory warranty runs out. The price does go up as you have more miles but since it doesn’t really cover anything until the factory warranty runs out that’s your window for the best price.

I usually wait about a year and see if I got a lemon. If I decide I’m going to keep the vehicle beyond the warranty period I usually buy it after year 1.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
I just reached out to Robbins for my Limited about 2 weeks ago and it was still a few hundred bucks better than anything else Ive seen if you pay in full.
there is just NO way, period. What were the details of your quote specifically?

GregHBNA

Reaction score
that is true, with Zeigler you can also request a refund online. They will call for you and request the refund.

However, the refund does not come from Zeigler, it came from FCA.

John Galt

Reaction score
there is just NO way, period. What were the details of your quote specifically?
2023 Ram 1500 LTD 4x4 -

8 years/125k miles MaxCare for $2890 - $150 for paying in full = $2740

I have not seen a lower price but if you have I’m more than happy to pay less.

When I was shopping for maxcare for my Durango in 2019 Robbins also turned out to be the lowest price. FCA warranty is a commodity so if you got a better price than that post it…I don’t mind spending less for it.

Users who are viewing this thread