5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended Warranty (Gold Plan Canada) buyer beware!

th3duke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I purchased the extended warranty for my '19 RAM (415 Plan), as I did when I purchased my 2015 RAM.

I purchased it again since my 2015 Ecodiesel and Air Ride was relatively new tech in 2015, and given all the electronics in these vehicles; it definitely seemed like a wise choice for $1,100 CDN at the time.

In fact, I was very happy I did purchase it since my Ecodiesel had 2 catastrophic failures and the car rental for the 3 weeks it took total to replace the engines, provided me peace of mind that I wouldn't be left without a truck. They provided me with a RAM 1500 every time they had to work on it overnight.

Here's the kicker though, when I purchased the 415 again (this time it cost me $1,300), I assumed nothing had changed and if I needed a rental they would provide me with a Truck - although this is definitely not the case! Buyers of this "gold plan" beware!

As my luck would have it, my truck is in the garage right now (for the 3rd time) because of the battery draining completely overnight - they initially charged the battery since there was no code, then they replaced the battery, since I had to get towed again, and a day later had to get towed again since it drained overnight... Really Not fun!

Now they said that they identified the problem to the PDC (Power Distribution Centre), and that it will take at least 5 days for them to receive the parts - likely to take 10 days because of the holiday seasons upon us.

I though to myself: No sweat, yeah, it sucks, but I have the "gold plan" so they'll provide me with a rental truck until they fix mine...

NOPE, what they provide you with the "gold plan" is a rental at no more than $50 a day, and to a maximum of 5 days! I found this out the hard way today, when they told me to pick up a Toyota Corolla at Discount car rentals. Nevermind providing me with a Truck to replace my Truck!! They gave me a Toyota Corolla!

I am so pissed right now, I feel ripped off - I really do. I'm still paying for my monthly TRUCK payment, and they're providing me a freaking COROLLA while my truck is being fixed - total BS. That plus the fact that they will likely have the truck for 10 days, but I can only have a rental for 5 days - seriously, what the fart!

BUYER BEWARE

Users who are viewing this thread