5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extang Xceed Tonneau Cover Review

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
netsurfer2 @ Kernelhappy @ MarvsAMartin @ how is the Exceed holding up. creamsicle @ did you purchase one? I am extremely disappointed with mine. The vinyl started to shrink after 1 year and it is cracking on the hinge line. I received a new one under warranty, but it is still in the box for fear it will fail the same way. 2 years of Wisconsin weather should not do this to a cover... Just wondering if others are experiencing the same issues...

View attachment 165855
I had one about 3 years ago, it did this exact thing. Trash

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Damn, damn, damn... Figured that - I'll probably just have to take the loss... what are you using now? happy with it?
I bought a Rough Country soft tri fold because I take it on and off frequently. Doesn't have rails, just sits on top of the bed and has two forward clamps. Real happy with it.

After the Extang I briefly had a Peragon, was super nice but I never could get the gaskets to not fold over and cause an issue.

krinwisco

Reaction score
I bought a Rough Country soft tri fold because I take it on and off frequently. Doesn't have rails, just sits on top of the bed and has two forward clamps. Real happy with it.

After the Extang I briefly had a Peragon, was super nice but I never could get the gaskets to not fold over and cause an issue.
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the reply - looks like I am stuck a while longer with the Xceed. They sent me the replacement BEFORE they discontinued the model. My warranty runs thru Nov 2025 so at when it fails - and it will - I'll get an alternate. Another user got the BakFlip MX4 as a replacement... fingers crossed. Thanks again -

Users who are viewing this thread