5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Experienced RV Owners please provide feedback

bandit

Reaction score
I went through a similar decision recently.

Had a 2013 Ram 2500 that I was pulling a 2014 Crossroads Zinger with. However we find that we only camp 4-5 times per year, we have several dogs, so hotels just aren't good for us. The primary purpose of the truck is hauling the dogs around since my wife does agility trials and such. The Zinger tows easily with the 2500, but it has a hitch weight of 1,071 pounds and GVWR of 9,671 not to mention we have a truck cap, reducing payload, because of the dogs and their crates.

The 1500 has all the towing features, 3.92, etc. Could I tow it? Probably... it would be a few hundred pounds over payload rating, but meh for the limited amount of towing use and distance. Am I comfortable? Nope!

So I made the "more conservative" choice and traded the Zinger in for a Grand Design 2670MK. Super impressed with the build quality of GD vs Crossroads and eliminating the bunk area on the Zinger is a win since my kids are older and only go with us once on less than half the trips. Hitch weight is 642 pounds (-428 pounds saved) and the GVWR is 8495, so knocked off 1,200 there.

I ALWAYS tow dry, so I never come close to GVWR.

Using the Equalizer WD hitch because they're awesome.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went through a similar decision recently.

Had a 2013 Ram 2500 that I was pulling a 2014 Crossroads Zinger with. However we find that we only camp 4-5 times per year, we have several dogs, so hotels just aren't good for us. The primary purpose of the truck is hauling the dogs around since my wife does agility trials and such. The Zinger tows easily with the 2500, but it has a hitch weight of 1,071 pounds and GVWR of 9,671 not to mention we have a truck cap, reducing payload, because of the dogs and their crates.

The 1500 has all the towing features, 3.92, etc. Could I tow it? Probably... it would be a few hundred pounds over payload rating, but meh for the limited amount of towing use and distance. Am I comfortable? Nope!

So I made the "more conservative" choice and traded the Zinger in for a Grand Design 2670MK. Super impressed with the build quality of GD vs Crossroads and eliminating the bunk area on the Zinger is a win since my kids are older and only go with us once on less than half the trips. Hitch weight is 642 pounds (-428 pounds saved) and the GVWR is 8495, so knocked off 1,200 there.

I ALWAYS tow dry, so I never come close to GVWR.

Using the Equalizer WD hitch because they're awesome.
Wife and I love that Grand Design 2670MK. Probably will be our next camper. Post up some pics and let us know how it tows!

bandit

Reaction score
Wife and I love that Grand Design 2670MK. Probably will be our next camper. Post up some pics and let us know how it tows!

Picked it up today, beautiful trailer. Towed it only 50 miles to get it home, but it handled really well. Taking it out in a few weeks for a 200 mile trip and I'll post a full review.

Users who are viewing this thread