5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhoust Electric Cutout installed and sound

ryco25

Reaction score
Can you show how you programmed to Homelink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super simple - program the same way you would a garage door opener as your truck's instruction manual states. Program one button to the open button on the fob, and another button to the close on the fob. Takes like 90 seconds total.

I referenced this guy's video on an older Ram, but same concept. 19ish minute mark -

BLAM

Reaction score
I want this done ASAP this weekend. Please forgive my ignorance, I think I know the answer to these but want confirmation before purchase.

1. Do I just need 1 of these cutout exhaust or do I need 2?
  2. Is it 3”?
  3. Where to install in the exhaust line?
  4. How much is a fair price for cutting it out and welding it in less the electrical work?
Thanks you!!!

ryco25

Reaction score
I want this done ASAP this weekend. Please forgive my ignorance, I think I know the answer to these but want confirmation before purchase.

1. Do I just need 1 of these cutout exhaust or do I need 2? - Just one.
  2. Is it 3”? - Yes.
  3. Where to install in the exhaust line? - Mine is installed between the cat and the muffler. Pic attached.
  4. How much is a fair price for cutting it out and welding it in less the electrical work? - Not sure without electrical, but I got mine installed + wired at a local shop for $250. If they aren't wiring, it is pretty simple to install - should be no more than an hour of labor.
Thanks you!!!

Answers in bold above!
IMG_1046.jpeg

Techguy2000

Reaction score
I installed the qtp cutout with wireless remote two weeks ago and it all worked perfectly. It is amazing to go from stock quiet to rumbling the roads in a few seconds, my four year old is ecstatic.

But as of a few days ago I'm hearing the wireless module click and bumping open the cutout randomly while I'm driving. Anyone else experiencing this? Next I'll try to unplug the wireless module and if that eliminates it I guess I'll have to exchange it but thought it was worth asking here.

ryco25

Reaction score
I installed the qtp cutout with wireless remote two weeks ago and it all worked perfectly. It is amazing to go from stock quiet to rumbling the roads in a few seconds, my four year old is ecstatic.

But as of a few days ago I'm hearing the wireless module click and bumping open the cutout randomly while I'm driving. Anyone else experiencing this? Next I'll try to unplug the wireless module and if that eliminates it I guess I'll have to exchange it but thought it was worth asking here.

Love it! I've never experienced that but when something like that happens its usually because I'm inadvertently sitting on my key fob or something is pressing up against the button. I'm sure you'd have noticed...but thats the only thought I have.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, it will become available. I used Hooker Headers original cutout kit for the prototype, but I’m making a complete kit. Should be a few weeks until the complete prototype is completed. I’m going to show the process on my mill with the end control PCB on my YouTube channel. It will replace the Hooker controller I have zip tied in the video.

This system will work on all manufacturers 15-20 years and newer. After that is manufacturing and quality check which may take a few months. I’m planning for end of spring release. That controller should be compatible with most cutout manufacturers as a direct replacement for their controllers. Thanks for the great feedback. Subscriptions make this happen please subscribe on my YouTube Channel to stay updated and make it happen.
Subscribed

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
hey guys, did anyone throw codes with qtp exhaust install?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are people liking it? I’m curious and would love to do this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread