5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhoust Electric Cutout installed and sound

Reaction score
SWEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!

I mentioned this in another thread but moving forward this will change the game on other companies exhaust control capabilities!!! Yes there are better exhaust products out there than the ebay product, the game changer is the ability to control them at will.

Buttons and options for me---

1. Button----Ability as is currently to hit switch and leave open or ON
2. Button----To close or OFF
3. Button---Sneaky peek as you just did in video---ON FULL THROTTLE then back to normal
4. Button---half throttle???

Long trips I love the ability to turn it completely off and enjoy the drive with no cabin noise; without the rumble or to have to turn music up to compensate for loudness.

Sitting at traffic light or when in the mood to switch it ON is sooooo beautiful. While I don't support street racing it is gravy to hear the deeper growl/notes as needed.

The sneaky exhaust note you programmed is so so SNEAKY!!! I like it! Calm until you punch it them GROWLLLL!!!!

I am curious on the half trottle to see if it gives different notes/sound than full open.
The first byte I used wasn’t really WOT when in motion. It would come on about 60% and it was kinda irritating to have it on at that level. Sound was fine but seemed unnecessarily early. I went back and found a better byte to make it truly WOT.

Was thinking of using something like the head light, gear limit switch, climate control, etc to keep it open all the time or turn it off completely. At this point it just code.

Reaction score
Very nice!
Will you build these for others?
Thank you. Yes, it will become available. I used Hooker Headers original cutout kit for the prototype, but I’m making a complete kit. Should be a few weeks until the complete prototype is completed. I’m going to show the process on my mill with the end control PCB on my YouTube channel. It will replace the Hooker controller I have zip tied in the video.

This system will work on all manufacturers 15-20 years and newer. After that is manufacturing and quality check which may take a few months. I’m planning for end of spring release. That controller should be compatible with most cutout manufacturers as a direct replacement for their controllers. Thanks for the great feedback. Subscriptions make this happen please subscribe on my YouTube Channel to stay updated and make it happen.

Last edited:

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

7amada

Reaction score
Im in the market for a electric cutout for our trucks. I think a mod that makes your exhaust louder with a button is a lot of fun.

question is .... what is the best out on the market now? Are they problematic? Any warranties??

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
anyone tried this yet?

[ 1579119774833.png

That's interesting; feels pretty overpriced but then again, maybe about the range of 'oe' style valved mufflers.

But I wonder what's the dB difference between OEM, and the FlowFX valve closed vs open.

My main reason for a cutout is to go from OE quiet to loud but this could also be a quick and easy middle ground if there's a soundclip out there

ryco25

Reaction score
I've had the QTP electric cutout on my truck for the last year and love it. Complete stock quiet to insanely loud with the click of a button - mine dumps right after the cats when open and makes glorious noise.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone tell me how impractical this is -

I'd like the sound/fumes of a cutout to exit the tailpipes. I know that valved exhausts exist, however the base 'quiet' exhaust on a valved system is still louder than OEM (and for the sake of my passengers, I probably need to stick to OEM volume)

Would adding a Y-Pipe after the Exhaust and pluming a 'bypass' line for the cutout dump be doable? or are there any negatives i'm missing other than cost / added weight?

1580170397470.png

matheusoleiro

Reaction score
I really liked this project. I just downloaded your pics and I’m thinking to go to a muffler shop tomorrow talk with the guys.

Pickering Ram

Reaction score
I've had the QTP electric cutout on my truck for the last year and love it. Complete stock quiet to insanely loud with the click of a button - mine dumps right after the cats when open and makes glorious noise.
Where did install the switch? Thinking of installing on the centre console

ryco25

Reaction score
Where did install the switch? Thinking of installing on the centre console

I opted for the wireless controller so I didn't have to drill any holes or have a hard installation. The wireless module is mounted via velcro in the back of the pedal box and I have wireless fobs. I programmed the fobs to my homelink buttons as well. I definitely prefer it this way.

7amada

Reaction score
I opted for the wireless controller so I didn't have to drill any holes or have a hard installation. The wireless module is mounted via velcro in the back of the pedal box and I have wireless fobs. I programmed the fobs to my homelink buttons as well. I definitely prefer it this way.
Can you post a pic of where you mounted yours. I am in the process of doing the same

Techguy2000

Reaction score
I'd like to see where the wireless box was mounted as well, just got the parts in and cant wait to get this installed!

ryco25

Reaction score
I'd like to see where the wireless box was mounted as well, just got the parts in and cant wait to get this installed!

Will do in the next day or two - I have to replace mine anyway as it has failed after only a year unfortunately. Started having issues with it not opening/closing so QTP suggested I test it with the wired toggle and that worked meaning that the wireless receiver is failing. Disappointing but it is what it is.

ryco25

Reaction score
Photos of current wireless mount:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.54.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.54.08 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.54.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.54.16 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.54.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.54.22 PM.png