5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

Dlg114

Reaction score
Just got 2020 limited hemi doesn’t sound as good as my 2016 did any recommendations on a direct fit exhaust not real loud but a nice sound

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, where are you located as there maybe member near by who are willing to let you listen to theirs before you buy.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Kooks kst catback system and like it. Sound clips are at the end.

Regardless of the route you go this is a walkthrough of how you remove the factory exhaust without cutting.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I installed the Kooks kst catback system and like it. Sound clips are at the end.

Regardless of the route you go this is a walkthrough of how you remove the factory exhaust without cutting.

Well done on the video quality (audio capture). This is much clearer than most I've heard. Did you happen to capture any in-cab audio?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well done on the video quality (audio capture). This is much clearer than most I've heard. Did you happen to capture any in-cab audio?

No and honestly there’s only a little difference in interior noise not enough for my rode mic to pic up on.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got 2020 limited hemi doesn’t sound as good as my 2016 did any recommendations on a direct fit exhaust not real loud but a nice sound

So my understanding is that there's a few things going on here, cause I had the same experience.
I had a 2016 Rebel, that had a borla XR1 on it that I absolutely loved. A touch loud, droned a little, but it was amazing to listen to.
... unless I was cold starting it on a frozen night at 3am, I felt so guilty when the band started up.

The 2019-2020 rams, from what I can tell? MUCH better soundproofing, and a quieter exhaust. I hated that immediately.
I went with a magnaflow system - it was quite a bit quieter than the XR1 muffler on the 2016, but the sound was good.
It is tough to tell exactly how loud these systems are with the windows UP.

If you can, try to get a listen to the exhaust note outside the truck with someone else driving it before you give a final verdict.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a borla 40353 installed on my truck. I love it. Perfect sound. Silent when cruising and zero drone.

STR

Reaction score
I have the Borla S-Type and it sounds great, but can get a little loud. Perhaps their Touring version would be something to your liking.

BGC

Reaction score
I had a borla 40353 installed on my truck. I love it. Perfect sound. Silent when cruising and zero drone.
Any idea what it should cost to have that borla installed? New to exhaust systems and trucks so don’t want to get charged an unreasonable price at a shop. I don’t have the skills or tools to do it myself

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Any idea what it should cost to have that borla installed? New to exhaust systems and trucks so don’t want to get charged an unreasonable price at a shop. I don’t have the skills or tools to do it myself
If they are reasonable...$30-$50 tops for a muffler only. You can get an entire CAT-BACK system installed for $100

Reactions: BGC

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I paid $69 to have it installed

Reactions: BGC

Users who are viewing this thread