5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust...?

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been looking for a good muffler to put on my Ram. I'm thinking about a 20" or 22" Magnaflow. I'll probably keep the resonators.
Magnaflow....because it's a free flow design vs chambered of a flowmaster.
Just the muffler....because the current exhaust pipes are fine the way they are.
Size....not too loud or annoying drone.

Thoughts...? :)

trevorh75

Reaction score
I just installed the best of both worlds. Its a muffler system from JM Tuning in the Netherlands that has a remotely controlled valve that opens up to straight pipes with the push of a button. Its nice a quiet when you want and has a nice bark when you want to have a little fun.

Have a listen here. http://instagr.am/p/CCC2LTjAvUR/

Attachments

• IMG_6925.jpg
    IMG_6925.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6928.jpg
    IMG_6928.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 45

ToeKnee

Reaction score
Haven’t pull the trigger yet but I been looking at the carven muffler. Also contemplating just getting the whole carven catback exhaust. Check them out on YouTube they have the best sounding muffler and catback imo.

Firebird

Reaction score
Love my 18” Magnaflow, definitely wouldn’t want it any louder

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Been looking for a good muffler to put on my Ram. I'm thinking about a 20" or 22" Magnaflow. I'll probably keep the resonators.
Just the muffler....because the current exhaust pipes are fine the way they are.

Just bought an MBRP single in/out high flow muffler for my new Ram. Haven't installed yet but I liked the way it sounded on the website. Direct fit for muffler, I'm keeping the resonators on (for now ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

There are a TON of exhaust threads on this forum with every type of exhaust you can think of. You may want to do a search and I am confident you'll find more than you ever asked for. The search function is your friend :)

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score

it’s gunna sound like a$$ if you don’t plug the weep holes in the resonators if you choose to keep them on FYI

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just bought an MBRP single in/out high flow muffler for my new Ram. Haven't installed yet but I liked the way it sounded on the website. Direct fit for muffler, I'm keeping the resonators on (for now ;)
I was looking into that brand...they're prices are really good on cat back systems but I still might look into their mufflers too. Just not sure what design they use...chambered or pass through...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a TON of exhaust threads on this forum with every type of exhaust you can think of. You may want to do a search and I am confident you'll find more than you ever asked for. The search function is your friend :)
Well I wouldn't have asked if I didn't already search...couldn't find a thread on here that actually discussed the differences between muffler designs and applications of each

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it’s gunna sound like a$$ if you don’t plug the weep holes in the resonators if you choose to keep them on FYI
That was my original thought but I have a buddy who did the Resonator delete with a flowmaster muffler and his Ram sounds like a Subaru WRX instead of a truck lol

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was my original thought but I have a buddy who did the Resonator delete with a flowmaster muffler and his Ram sounds like a Subaru WRX instead of a truck lol
Oh that’s not good lol. I was never a fan of flowmaster mufflers, just personal opinion. It’ll sound fine if you plug the weep holes then if you want to keep them. If you don’t plug them, it’ll sound like a bad exhaust leak unfortunately

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Just got the carven put on last Thursday. I love it. Definitely what I was looking for. I got just the muffler delete and left the resonator. No drone what so ever and no weird sound in eco. Sounds like a 5.7 should sound.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was looking into that brand...they're prices are really good on cat back systems but I still might look into their mufflers too. Just not sure what design they use...chambered or pass through...
Just installed it this morning, I really like it! Quiet rumble (if there is such a thing) on startup, manly sound on acceleration lol. I can still creep out of my small neighborhood without waking up the late sleepers, and get a huge grin on my face when I gas it on the main drag. Installation was a breeze too, don't have to remove the whole back half like the instructions say. Bonus - the wife says it sounds like a truck should now!

Users who are viewing this thread