5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust tips

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I noticed my passenger side exhaust tip hangs just a bit lower than my driver side.

Is this just from the hangar probably stretching out a little bit? I got underneath the truck cus it was annoying the crap out of me and everything seem tight.

I’m a first time truck owner so just wondering if this was normal to happen over time?

It’s hardly noticeable but it just caught my eye.....

Attachments

• 96BB9779-AD0B-4883-B216-853E1E62869D.jpeg
    96BB9779-AD0B-4883-B216-853E1E62869D.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

danhshopper

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I noticed my passenger side muffler tip hangs just a bit lower than my driver side.

Is this just from the hangar probably stretching out a little bit? I got underneath the truck cus it was annoying the crap out of me and everything seem tight.

I’m a first time truck owner so just wondering if this was normal to happen over time?

It’s hardly noticeable but it just caught my eye.....
I've noticed that couple of days ago as well. I thought I got a bad assembler, but since both of us have passenger side hanging lower, I now wonder if it is "by design", maybe, that's a "feature"!! lol

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
I've noticed that couple of days ago as well. I thought I got a bad assembler, but since both of us have passenger side hanging lower, I now wonder if it is "by design", maybe, that's a "feature"!! lol
Lol I hope it’s not a “feature”. I’m almost 100% its from the rubber hangar stretching but just wanted to know how common this actually is.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
They're very easy to adjust if you're willing, no need to go to the dealer for it. There's just one bolt that you losen and you can move it to wherever you want.

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
They're very easy to adjust if you're willing, no need to go to the dealer for it. There's just one bolt that you losen and you can move it to wherever you want.
Okay cool. I saw the bolt this afternoon when I was looking under the truck, didn’t mess with it though.

Does it slide up and down or something once you loosen it?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Okay cool. I saw the bolt this afternoon when I was looking under the truck, didn’t mess with it though.

Does it slide up and down or something once you loosen it?
They designed it so it can be adjusted any direction you need. Kind of like a ball and socket joint, but with hallow tubes.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Oh, and before you try to loosen them they MUST be sprayed with some type of lube (wd-40, ZEP-45, etc) otherwise they will sieze because thye're most likely stainless bolts.

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
Yep, have you tried adjusting it?
I have not tried yet. But it looks like it needs to come up about 1/4” to 3/8”. Probably closer to 3/8”. It’s a small amount but working with wood joints and all I need to be precise so it looks like my hobbies have carried outwards to other things.

Agitated

Reaction score
It literally takes less time to grab a 13mm wrench and adjust the tips to your liking, than it did for you to write the above post. You could have been done by now.

Users who are viewing this thread