5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust on lowered truck

Svt40

Reaction score
Are there any exhausts that we know will not work on a lowered truck?
I was looking at the Borla cat back touring or the cat back Gibson in stainless.

Would hate to get them and find out they did not fit a truck that's been lowered.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any exhausts that we know will not work on a lowered truck?
I was looking at the Borla cat back touring or the cat back Gibson in stainless.

Would hate to get them and find out they did not fit a truck that's been lowered.
Probably depends on how far the truck is lowered.

Svt40

Reaction score
Mine is a 2/4 drop but it would be nice to find out what fits and what does not from folks who have added exhaust to their lowered trucks.

Chief holley

Reaction score
I have a 2/4 maxtrac with a borla S-type on and it’s fine. I haven’t had any issues, the only issue I have is with the parking barriers and that’s when I pull in because of the front air dam. I back in with no problems.

JWiens19Hemi

Reaction score
I have the IHC 3/5 drop with Carven cat-back exhaust and it would hit the axle on a hard bump. Took it to the local exhaust shop and had them make the bend over the axle a little deeper.

Svt40

Reaction score
The hard part will be finding one that is not crazy loud. My old F150 had a Gibson exhaust that I loved. Loud when you were on it but subtle when driving like a sane person.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just get a borla proXS 40353 welded in place of your stock muffler. Really no reason to buy a full catback.

Black19

Reaction score
I can’t agree more!!!! I added the borla proXS 40353 muffler only and 5” tips. Nice deep sound.

TheColt69

Reaction score
I can’t agree more!!!! I added the borla proXS 40353 muffler only and 5” tips. Nice deep sound.
I’m debating whether or not to get some kind of exhaust-though I must say, having a quiet brand new truck has been extremely nice!- but we have a new baby so I haven’t pulled the trigger on anything yet. I’ve been set on a Borla Touring cat-back for quite a little while, then heard a Corsa earlier today that got me going again 😂 I’m not trying to dump $1700+ in hopes of getting the right sound I’m going for. I really just want a deep tone, no raspy, no crackling for God’s sake, just nice deep deep tone at idle and cruising. I am worried about drone (why I liked Corsa) but I really do think I can do this Borla ProXS 40353 IF it’s the right sound.

Users who are viewing this thread