5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust manifolds

TripleB

Reaction score
Hey the exhaust manifolds on both side of my truck are leaking. I’m wondering if this is a known deficiency for these fifth generation Rams?
I assume that the fifth generation wouldn’t have this issue since it was well known on previous Gen. but it sounds like they do.

I hope they don’t try to tie the issue to my truck being lifted and void my warranty.

Thanks.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lifting your trucking shouldn't void your warranty for the exhaust manifolds, only the suspension parts you changed.

Well known issue even on the 5th gens.

TripleB

Reaction score
Lifting your trucking shouldn't void your warranty for the exhaust manifolds, only the suspension parts you changed.

Well known issue even on the 5th gens.
I never really noticed it sounded obvious. I just thought because the truck was lifted that I could hear the exhaust more and it didn’t sound great until it was warmed up. I was getting an alignment and the guy like you realize that it’s leaking right?

Then I took it to a local automotive shop and waited for it to cool down and we started it up and he said it’s leaking on both sides.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is your truck still under warranty ? If not you could just ignore it or get a set of headers .

Users who are viewing this thread