5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Manifold issue.

Reaction score
Yea, I hate buying something with a well known documented problem and it actually happens to me. The manifold thing (which Ram does not have an exclusive on, Ford has aluminum heads and cast manifolds, done this for decades) or the snapped bolts @Rick3478 and @Dewey spoke of.

Other than this and the sunroof (also not a Ram exclusive) how has the truck been for two years?
No the dude is totally justified in his disappointment with Ram. He bought his first Ram and is finding out the hard way that FCA is a sorry company that refuses to fix known issues for as long as 20 years. Yes all manufacturers have growing pains with new or updated platforms but Ford, GM and Toyota fix their issues. FCA dosent deserve anyone’s business.
I bought 2 of their product in a 2019 grand caravan and a 2020 1500 Ram Hemi. First 2 FCA products and the last. Never agaiin. $4k on a bad engine just after 60k and a transmission right at 100k. They can’t even be bothered to fix a poorly designed exhaust system after knowing about it for 20 years. But they will sure offer to sale you their upgraded headers/hardware when the original garabage breaks. So they could do it right but just don’t care too.how long did it take for them to address the bad roller lifters? Or did they? At least as late as 2019 they were still selling 3.6 engines with improper valve quide machining in the heads. After how many years?
Pathetic

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No the dude is totally justified in his disappointment with Ram. He bought his first Ram and is finding out the hard way that FCA is a sorry company that refuses to fix known issues for as long as 20 years. Yes all manufacturers have growing pains with new or updated platforms but Ford, GM and Toyota fix their issues. FCA dosent deserve anyone’s business.
I bought 2 of their product in a 2019 grand caravan and a 2020 1500 Ram Hemi. First 2 FCA products and the last. Never agaiin. $4k on a bad engine just after 60k and a transmission right at 100k. They can’t even be bothered to fix a poorly designed exhaust system after knowing about it for 20 years. But they will sure offer to sale you their upgraded headers/hardware when the original garabage breaks. So they could do it right but just don’t care too.how long did it take for them to address the bad roller lifters? Or did they? At least as late as 2019 they were still selling 3.6 engines with improper valve quide machining in the heads. After how many years?
Pathetic
This is your very first post as a new member in this forum. Did you join just to talk about how horrible your experience was? As for other manufacturers, they all have their issues. It's not just Stellantis/FCA/Dodge.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pathetic

We are sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns. Our team is always here to assist. Please send our team a PM if you wish to discuss this further.

William
Ram Cares

Reaction score
This is your very first post as a new member in this forum. Did you join just to talk about how horrible your experience was? As for other manufacturers, they all have their issues. It's not just Stellantis/FCA/Dodge.
I saw the post I responded too as I was searching to see if anyone has ever found strong enough bolts to use for the factory headers because I don’t want to keep throwing money at FCA garbage.
I signed up to respond to the message I responded to and support the OP that was being harassed for his justified opinion.

Reaction score
We are sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns. Our team is always here to assist. Please send our team a PM if you wish to discuss this further.

William
Ram Cares
Nah I’ll jut continue proclaiming to the world about how bad FCA is until y’all either change or go out of business

Reaction score
We see that you have received some great advice from your fellow forum members! However, if these suggestions do not address your concern and you decide to visit your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process! We're available via private message.

Callie
Ram Cares
Ofcourse they hope to keep the conversation about their failures private.
The “great Advice” is to continue opening your pocket book to pay for fixing a poorly made truck.

Reaction score
I'll crawl under the truck tomorrow to see if it is the flange bolts that rusted and then snapped off. Quite amusing that they would use bolts that could rust so easily.

Thanks for the link to the thread. That is crazy that some of the posters were getting charged to have this fixed if its a known issue for years. What is Chrysler even thinking, using bolts that rust this quick. If they cheapened out on a bunch of flange bolts, what else did they cheap out on our trucks.
Exactly

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the post I responded too as I was searching to see if anyone has ever found strong enough bolts to use for the factory headers because I don’t want to keep throwing money at FCA garbage.
I signed up to respond to the message I responded to and support the OP that was being harassed for his justified opinion.
We don't have factory headers. You could put in aftermarket shorty headers and avoid breaking bolts. Maybe a set of header gaskets between the stock manifolds and heads would help. Give a little cushion for expantion and contraction of the different metals.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pathetic
I've ordered my 6th Ram. Plus I have had a few Chryslers and Dodges. Every one, was basically trouble free, when maintained. 1 car, and 1 truck had an anti lock sensor go bad each, which were quickly fixed under warranty. One truck, the plastic on the rear bumper warped, and the leather on the drivers seat was defective and replaced. The worst FCA product I have had, is my current Durango, because it has to go in for a recall, after being in service once for rear A/c, heat. I have never owned a GM that wasn't a regular visitor to the dealership for service.

Quint

Reaction score
I was a long-time Ford guy who got sick of all of their long-term problems. When I met my wife 20yrs ago she was driving a Volkswagon. When I started constantly replacing headlights and taillights I discovered how truly bad the electrical is in VW products, and how it was a known problem for more than a decade. To this day (I'm probably biased) I feel like I still see way more Volkswagons with a headlight or taillight out than any other brand.

At every manufacturer, there are probably 100 engineers pining to fix something that a guy in a suit vetoes because of costs/PR/etc. They all do it.

Users who are viewing this thread