5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust input

Armada12

Reaction score
I'm looking to give my 19 a more aggressive sound. I want it to be significantly more throaty but not annoying on the interior for family treks. Any input appreciated: how you like the exterior/interior sound balance, drone, highway experience, rear reso deletes or not (mine has the 3rd in front of muffler too)

From reading/sound clips I'm considering:
Super 10
Super 44
Magnaflow 4x9"/14"
MBRP muffler replacement
Carven competitor muffler replacement

Big price gap on the MBRP/Carven to the others too not sure why/if worth it?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the mbrp and was nice but wanted more volume and ended up also doing the resonator delete kit from B2 FAb.
Completely happy now and would definitely recommend it. Can't even notice any drone.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Don't do the B2 muffler.

I had the oval on my truck for a few weeks, couldn't stand it. 7th gear droned, and MDS coming in and out was beyond obnoxious.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For just a muffler change, you may need to compromise and get something a little quieter or it may drone too much for you in MDS mode.

Tuned systems like Borla's Touring or even their ATAK (which is aggressive) don't drone in MDS cruise, but they are close to $1000, versus $300 or so for a single muffler installation.

Also, this really depends on what you personally think is "drone". Everyone has different tolerances for it. You may have to do a little trail and error to get the sound you want, at least at the cheaper end of the spectrum, from different mufflers and/or adding/removing resonators. Or cry once and pay once with a cat-back tuned system like the Borla ATAK.

For me personally, I have the Flowmaster Outlaw, it sounds like a 60s muscle car, and doesn't drone (at least for me) on the highway, however it will in MDS mode as with most muffler only mods. I turn off my MDS if it bothers me.

PetePA

Reaction score
If y'all are trying to simply improve sound, what's the difference between installing all that exhaust stuff vs. buying a boom box and playing the following on repeat?

🍿

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I vote the same setup I’ve done it every v8 Ive had up until this point Borla XS pro

Users who are viewing this thread