5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excessive amount of recalls?? My truck is now at dealer, should I take delivery?

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You worry about what could happen? Then don’t go outside. I bought my truck and had a couple issues. Got frustrated got them fixed . Have two recalls and was one complaining about ac performance. Guess what there is a TSB in regards to that now. I can’t comment to a lot of the other issues people are having because they have not happened to me.

My truck has been solid as my 13 has and still is. The recalls have been a loose ground possibly a shin being added the prevent the brake pedal from going to far back.

My truck is a June build. You can worry yourself into locking yourself into staying in your house and guess what, someone can break in and still kill you.

Buy the truck or don’t but you need to make the decision and know that things happen to every brand. Every brand has service departments backed up for weeks.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I really want my New Ram 1500 loaded Longhorn that is finally sitting at the dealership as of Friday. This has been a long wait, and also a reorder of a different configuration since Sept 18. They could not built the first 2 tone build!! Shortly after I get the call, that I can come in on Saturday and finally take delivery of the my new truck, I get a second call. They now tell me they can't sell it yet because of the brake pedal recall , and won't know anything about parts or the fix until Tuesday.
Friends have been telling me "look at the signs", you are not meant for this truck after all these delays and what seems like a lot of recalls.
Do you all think that the recalls have been excessive and maybe, just maybe if I have the willpower to walk away from this beauty, I should. Heck, the 2020's are probably coming out in a few months anyways. Also, for you that have owned your truck for awhile, how many times have you had to go back to the dealer for a problem or a recall.
Should I take deliver or make a stand?

I combed thru this forum seeking information before I bought my Longhorn three weeks ago. And I saw the issues that some folks were having. Didn’t deter me because forums are place where we can share the issue(s) that we’re having, as well as how much we’re liking our new trucks.

I’ve got about 900 miles on her now, and zero issues. I know that’s not a long time, but everyone who’s been in this truck love it. As do I.

As others have said, all makes/models have issues. If it were me, I’d go pick that luxurious beast up from the dealer and I wouldn’t look back.

Cheers!

arizonapaul

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies folks.
Guess I was just venting and I really could not let this monster get away from me.
I can't wait to pick it up, but don't know when I can
Be safe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Guess I was just venting and I really could not let this monster get away from me.
Be safe

Can’t wait to see it, feel free to vent anytime here man. Considering the trucks are so new this forum is new as well. I’m sure there will be more to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be safe

I’d worry more about the other people on the road before I worried about my truck.

doublenichols

Reaction score
...Sounds like you've already decided, and I think that's a good thing. With regard to my own experience, the recalls seem minor at best, but potentially dangerous if ignored. FCA is getting out in front of them and quickly taking care of their customers, which is also a great thing. Imagine if they had decided to hide them. If you hadn't decided on the Ram, I'd bet my own Limited that whatever you decided upon, there's a forum for that vehicle as well ...with all the recalls and complaints to boot! I've had mine for only 2 months now, and my only complaint is a minor Sirius Radio issue where the FREE 12 month trial subscription intermittently goes back to the preview channel. Boo hoo! I imagine Sirius will deal with that at some point. Outside of that, I absolutely LOVE this beast!!! If you've checked out this forum, You Tube, Google, etc., aside from the issues, which I'm very grateful not to have, and I feel bad for those who do, ...the awards haven't stopped coming!! For that reason alone, I think FCA will continue to take care of their issues. This thing tops all of the Rams I've owned in the past hands down, and the compliments are endless!!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear ya, AP. I'm a prospective buyer too and the same thoughts have crossed my mind. I'm not deterred though; here's the reason: there's likely over 500,000 2019's on the road now. 8,000 total members here. Not all have problems, but for fun let's say all 8,000 did. Let's double that and say there's another 8,000 problem Rams whose owners don't use the internet. Is that a generously pessimistic assumption?

That calculates to a 3.2% problem rate which is pretty low... and the actual rate is probably much lower.

I read the fine print on a box of condoms once and it said they're only 97% effective. So, Rams are as reliable as condoms. :geek:

NordicNevs

Reaction score
847d80d8fac32d7b1fd17b46ab9c1d5f.jpg

1 - Tundra
2 - Ford
3 - Ram

Lowest cost of ownership scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I read the fine print on a box of condoms once and it said they're only 97% effective. So, Rams are as reliable as condoms. :geek:
This is why I stopped using them after about 97 times, just before hitting the point they'd become statistically unsafe.

John813

Reaction score
Just be glad Ram put out a recall so fast on the power steering issue.

Chevy SS owners had an issue with their electronic power steering(14-17) and last I remember Chevy didn't include those cars in any recall. Maybe they included them at some point last year but IIRC every year had the issue.

Last edited:

arizonapaul

Reaction score
Just a quick update, my truck is ready for pick-up and I am going over tonight to get it.
thanks all.

Jackham

Reaction score
Well, not only recalls, but just look at all the posts we have here about various issues or problems with their trucks. Its concerning...
I'm a hug ram fan, having a 2014 sport and now trading in my 2016 sport for the 19, but I just don't want to be running to the dealer every week. And I never had any problems with these 2 previous trucks.
1300 trucks a day and you think there is a lot on this site? Walk away, I will take it. I however will send pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread