5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque vs non-eTorque? Purchased a Flame Red Night Edition to replace my 19 Laramie Night Edition.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ill have some of whatever you're smoking.
going 3 mph is not a complete stop and that's how it works on 2022s as I posted above. You just want to argue about something.

So much of what you post is just incorrect or misquoted.

A, you shouldn't be in intersection unless you can proceed all the way through, IE, not stopping. Never been in Boston. That's simply not how it works. It's not uncommon to need to sit in the MIDDLE of an intersection for 3-4 red lights to proceed depending on where you are and the time of day.
C, you can manipulate this feature by only applying light pressure to the brake pedal or never coming to a complete stop. This is incorrect on 2022s.
Acting like this feature can cause an accident is BS, you shouldn't have been in the middle of the intersection to begin with if unable to proceed safely all the way through, that's on you. Having your engine shut off on you while driving and not at a complete stop during rush hour traffic in a densely populated city can\does cause accidents.

Here are the actual stats of the population per square mile since you want to throw out some stupid as hell skewed numbers. Total population has nothing to do with how dense it is and you are just reenforcing what I said without even understanding what you are posting. Dallas is tiny compared to Boston when it comes to population and traffic. Dallas is huge so people can spread out, not like in Boston or New York. It's completely differnet parts of the country

Boston has a population density of 12,774 people per square mile.
York City has a population density of 26,261 people per square mile.
Dallas has a population density of 3,707 people per square mile.

Do you have any idea what NHTSA even does or regulates?

OP just wanted info on eTorque vs non-eTorque.
People gave him responses and info. You have provided nothing and just quoted me and started to argue about incorrect information you are posting.

Yes, do you?
They also handle recalls and list customer complaints with the trucks
Here's a list of 56 results complied by them on the ram 1500

The OP wanted info, not BS, I corrected your erroneous comments. Far too many people come on the forums and pass off bad or false information as fact, such as your comment on etorque, others on paint, others on air ride. Your individual experience doesn't speak for the entirety of Rams with etorque, in fact, yours is one of the few relative to the total with etorque that report an issue yet you tell the guy the system will get him tboned, that's straight up BS.

The OP came here asking for factual information, not BS because yours's does it, fact of the matter is that very few people have issues with these trucks outside the leaking CHMSL or the rear window and as another forum member stated, etorque is a little different driving experience but he'd get use to it quickly which is an accurate statement.
Either contribute with factual info or dont, no one has time for BS

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, do you?
They also handle recalls and list customer complaints with the trucks
Here's a list of 56 results complied by them on the ram 1500

The OP wanted info, not BS, I corrected your erroneous comments. Far too many people come on the forums and pass off bad or false information as fact, such as your comment on etorque, others on paint, others on air ride. Your individual experience doesn't speak for the entirety of Rams with etorque, in fact, yours is one of the few relative to the total with etorque that report an issue yet you tell the guy the system will get him tboned, that's straight up BS.

The OP came here asking for factual information, not BS because yours's does it, fact of the matter is that very few people have issues with these trucks outside the leaking CHMSL or the rear window and as another forum member stated, etorque is a little different driving experience but he'd get use to it quickly which is an accurate statement.
Either contribute with factual info or dont, no one has time for BS
You"re on crack. Keep posting bogus, you do you.

Do you go around just looking for threads I post so so you can come out of the blue and argue? Maybe you should follow your username and bow down and gtfo sometimes instead of starting fights online like an ethug.

BowDown

Reaction score
You"re on crack. Keep posting bogus, you do you.

Do you go around just looking for threads I post so so you can come out of the blue and argue? Maybe you should follow your username and bow down and gtfo sometimes instead of starting fights online like an ethug.

You aint that popular but go ahead, you'll still be wrong and etorque not getting you tboned.

OP, enjoy your new truck, numerous threads on etorque and no one having issues and you most certainly wont get tboned :ROFLMAO:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You aint that popular but go ahead
What are you even talking about? Stop acting like you're in high-school. Sad place the internet is becoming with people who act like you. I hear Reddit has an opening for you, you will fit right in there with the rest of the trolls.

BowDown

Reaction score
What are you even talking about? Stop acting like you're in high-school. Sad place the internet is becoming with people who act like you. I hear Reddit has an opening for you, you will fit right in there with the rest of the trolls.

^^ Lol

Houstontiger

Reaction score
I do own a 2022 Longhorn with 5.7 etorque and the start stop system is not good at all. There's always a delay getting the truck to move from a complete stop. Even with the system disabled it seems that there is a puff and then go with the new etorque. My dealer does agree that the delay is present but they do not have a solution currently.

JDColorado

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie 5.7L e-torque. I’ve been complaining, as others have, about the delay off the line and especially rolling stop signs for a long time. The stop/start has always performed well, and has a deactivate button near the transmission control. Over the years, I’ve thought the delay was the transmission or something else. A Denver dealer reset my transmission, but to no avail. My driving style changed and I almost sold the truck because I thought a T-boning was imminent. Other threads suggest people overcame the delay with a Pedal Commander or similar product.

Finally, in the last few weeks NHTSA issued recall 37A for certain e-torques- the PCM (power control module) was programmed poorly and caused too much gas to almost flood the engine and stall. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCMN-23V265-2068.pdf

Mine was fixed in the last week, and the difference is night and day- even when hitting the gas in the highway. No more sketchy delay. Now I love the truck.

Turns out I should’ve been complaining to NHTSA instead of dealers and searching online message boards.

OP- hope your issue is the same as ‘mine and fixed by the recall.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie 5.7L e-torque. I’ve been complaining, as others have, about the delay off the line and especially rolling stop signs for a long time. The stop/start has always performed well, and has a deactivate button near the transmission control. Over the years, I’ve thought the delay was the transmission or something else. A Denver dealer reset my transmission, but to no avail. My driving style changed and I almost sold the truck because I thought a T-boning was imminent. Other threads suggest people overcame the delay with a Pedal Commander or similar product.

Finally, in the last few weeks NHTSA issued recall 37A for certain e-torques- the PCM (power control module) was programmed poorly and caused too much gas to almost flood the engine and stall. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCMN-23V265-2068.pdf

Mine was fixed in the last week, and the difference is night and day- even when hitting the gas in the highway. No more sketchy delay. Now I love the truck.

Turns out I should’ve been complaining to NHTSA instead of dealers and searching online message boards.

My 22 has that same delay but I'm not included in any recall so no update for me. I have almost been hit several times in the year I have had my truck because of it. I even have a ECM, tcm tune, and a sprint booster. None help.

BowDown

Reaction score

NHTSA issued recall 37A for certain e-torques? Weird, I someone said they didn't do that. Glad you got your issue resolved; I am curious as to why they changed the programming of etorque from 19-21 and 22-23.
Now if they would do something about this driveshaft binding up

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
NHTSA issued recall 37A for certain e-torques? Weird, I someone said they didn't do that. Glad you got your issue resolved; I am curious as to why they changed the programming of etorque from 19-21 and 22-23.
Now if they would do something about this driveshaft binding up
NHTSA only does recall for safety problems.
If you actually read the link it says the recall is because the truck and engine will completely shut down.

Users who are viewing this thread