5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Regenerative Braking

Tinshield

Reaction score
Just got into a 2022 5.7 eTorque from a 2017 3.6. Couple things I noticed that I'm having trouble determining if normal.
  1. When getting near a stop with constant, light pressure on the brake I feel the brakes applying more pressure regardless of what I am doing. In addition, they seem to release close to the actual stop resulting in a very subtle surge. You almost have to vary your own effort on the pedal for a smooth, gradual stop.
  2. During this time where I feel the extra braking there's some extra noise I'd describe as a drone, almost like a gear whine from about the middle to the rear of the truck. This only happens during braking and just prior to an actual stop.
Can anyone else relate to this?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have bought a 22 Longhorn with 5.7 etorque. I traded in a 19 Longhorn non etorque. I feel that this etorque is absolute garbage. My fuel economy is not any better than 5.7 non etorque. The Regen braking is horrible and it makes the truck feel out of tune. I really miss the smooth silky feel of non etorque.
Unless you spend all your time in city/stop and go traffic, you won't see any appreciable gains.
Mine works flawlessly, and I seldom notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread