5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Etorque not working without seatbelt

Maintf16

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone knows if there is a way using alfaobd to change the setting where etorque will not work if your seatbelt is not connected. I like the etorque feature and would like it to work even if I forget to buckle up.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone knows if there is a way using alfaobd to change the setting where etorque will not work if your seatbelt is not connected. I like the etorque feature and would like it to work even if I forget to buckle up.
To clarify, you’re talking about stop/start? ETorque cannot be turned off.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't answer this question. I'm surprised to learn that stop/start is disabled when your seat belt is disconnected. I can't remember the last time I drove without a seat belt. Buckling up is second nature for me. I'd have to make a conscious effort to not do it LOL.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or you can get Seat Belt Extentions that will Make the truck think you are always
buckled up.

Malodave

These have extra clips in case you ride with someone else and don't want to buckle up:

Users who are viewing this thread