5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque hesitation at start

Gusman4

Reaction score
Like others have said you need your tcm updated. They will not do this at the dealer unless you say you are having the specific problems that the latest tcm tsb remedies. So go in saying your truck shifts rough in 1-3 with bumps and bangs. Print out relevant tsb and hand it to them or give them tsb #. I have not had a problem this way.

doctorxring

Reaction score
A couple of things to add to my comment above.

1. I drove 2 Hemi Ram 1500 Laramie trucks today at the dealer. One with ETorque and one without. I drove the one without first. Very smooth. Amazing really. Then the one with ETorque. Although it was “in the background” to a degree I did not like the feeling imparted into the driving experience by the regenerative braking. Kind of like someone had a choke hold on the drive shaft now and then. I decided that I would go native with my Hemi. Just not an overwhelming amount of increase in mileage anyway.

2. I saw at the dealer today when we were doing my build for a 2020 that the Ram website was showing the original price for ETorque again. That was a double down moment for my decision to pass on ETorque. Evidently a mistake or glitch in the program yesterday when I was working with it.

3. I ordered a 2020 Laramie Level 1 Package with a few other bits for 13.5% off of MSRP plus TTL. The 8 week wait commences !

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/