5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Hemi Oil Filter

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I search the Mobil M1-113A, most stores say that filter doesn’t fit the new ram 1500. Only advance auto parts says it does. Can anyone confirm that’s the correct filter for a 2020 1500 5.7 etorq

This site is a cross reference for the MO 339 and lists the Mobil M1-113 which Amazon states:
Notes: REPLACES FILTER w/o A SUFFIX. BOTH FILTERS CAN BE USED.

Last edited:

Hez

Reaction score
I just checked again and it says it won’t fit my 2020. But when I check for a 2019, it says it fits. I guess it’s just a glitch in the system.

My apologies...I missed that you had a 2020.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
This site is a cross reference for the MO 339 and lists the Mobil M1-113 which Amazon states:
Notes: REPLACES FILTER w/o A SUFFIX. BOTH FILTERS CAN BE USED.
I assume the 113A would be the same?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I assume the 113A would be the same?
That is what the Amazon site states. The 113A replaced the 113. It looks like a glitch as you state. I find that happens on ebay with parts also. The vehicles have the same equipment but will state "does not fit" one of the vehicles.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
No one said he's the holy grail for anything. Pqia doesn't even do testing of whose better then another oil. All it does it puts them into categories. So now tell me who funds the pqia? You say it's independent but who funds them? Just cause they can put a tag on doesn't mean anything when you already make the rules up yourselves. Now while taking funds from the industry. It's like wolves saying yeah we'll protect the sheep don't worry. Yess it's designated what oil is what for the industry. They don't give a shyt about the consumer What's best or not. It's for the car manufacturers to get money.
The problem is that some (a lot of) people who have watched the Project Farm "tests" do believe he's the holy grail because he "proved" Amsoil is better than all of the other brands he "tested". And he's made a lot of money along the way fooling people into believing his tests are valid.

Of course PQIA doesn't test oils to see which one is "better" than another, that's not what their goal is. They conduct analysis of oils purchased off the shelf of retailers to make sure they meet the specifications and approvals they claim to meet so the consumer knows they're getting what they paid for. Individuals can choose whether or not they trust PQIA or the API for themselves, I choose to trust them over an amateur Youtuber all day long.

The idea that any person or organization, even Todd in his garage, can test all of the oils available and say "whose better then another oil" is just flat out silly. Better at what? And in what engine, what driving conditions, what grade? Mobil1 EP 0W-20 is around 60-70% PAO so it's probably the best oil to use if you're starting a vehicle at -35F, but does that automatically make it the best oil to use if you're towing a heavy trailer up a steep grade at 100F? The infinite combination of engines, driving conditions and grades makes it virtually impossible.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I search the Mobil M1-113A, most stores say that filter doesn’t fit the new ram 1500. Only advance auto parts says it does. Can anyone confirm that’s the correct filter for a 2020 1500 5.7 etorque?
Been using it since 2019 on my 2019. Perfect fit, of course.

Runagun

Reaction score
The problem is that some (a lot of) people who have watched the Project Farm "tests" do believe he's the holy grail because he "proved" Amsoil is better than all of the other brands he "tested". And he's made a lot of money along the way fooling people into believing his tests are valid.

Of course PQIA doesn't test oils to see which one is "better" than another, that's not what their goal is. They conduct analysis of oils purchased off the shelf of retailers to make sure they meet the specifications and approvals they claim to meet so the consumer knows they're getting what they paid for. Individuals can choose whether or not they trust PQIA or the API for themselves, I choose to trust them over an amateur Youtuber all day long.

The idea that any person or organization, even Todd in his garage, can test all of the oils available and say "whose better then another oil" is just flat out silly. Better at what? And in what engine, what driving conditions, what grade? Mobil1 EP 0W-20 is around 60-70% PAO so it's probably the best oil to use if you're starting a vehicle at -35F, but does that automatically make it the best oil to use if you're towing a heavy trailer up a steep grade at 100F? The infinite combination of engines, driving conditions and grades makes it virtually impossible.
That was my point in all of this. I'm looking for the best oil out there. While as you say they're alot of variables. A truly independent organization would develop test to search for that. The PQIA isnt interested in finding out. It would then pit the donors against each other to create competition on being the best oil not only just meeting a requirement. For instance a requirement to pass a class is a C grade point average. But I bet you'd rather get that fella who got A's.

I'm not a conspiracy type of person just sadly now most everything is controlled by the mighty dollar. Id rather support the independent companies then the big lazy corporation that just keep raking money in just cause their market share dominance.

On PF it's easy to try and discredit by saying he's doing it in his garage. He's very clear in his methods on the three things he tested on. I give the guy alot of credit. I know I couldn't do that myself. I have no reason to doubt his biases. Of course he makes his money on content but I bet if he got the funds that PQIA get he'd be doing alot more elaborate test. He essentially did do PQIA job . Just send the oil out for analysis and report on it's contents but with a few added test. Any way hopefully holidays went well. Let's see is 2021 is better then 2020.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I search the Mobil M1-113A, most stores say that filter doesn’t fit the new ram 1500. Only advance auto parts says it does. Can anyone confirm that’s the correct filter for a 2020 1500 5.7 etorque?
It's fine...no issues. There is nothing different about a 5.7 Hemi and a 5.7 eT Hemi when it comes to parts.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
That was my point in all of this. I'm looking for the best oil out there. While as you say they're alot of variables. A truly independent organization would develop test to search for that. The PQIA isnt interested in finding out. It would then pit the donors against each other to create competition on being the best oil not only just meeting a requirement. For instance a requirement to pass a class is a C grade point average. But I bet you'd rather get that fella who got A's.

I'm not a conspiracy type of person just sadly now most everything is controlled by the mighty dollar. Id rather support the independent companies then the big lazy corporation that just keep raking money in just cause their market share dominance.

On PF it's easy to try and discredit by saying he's doing it in his garage. He's very clear in his methods on the three things he tested on. I give the guy alot of credit. I know I couldn't do that myself. I have no reason to doubt his biases. Of course he makes his money on content but I bet if he got the funds that PQIA get he'd be doing alot more elaborate test. He essentially did do PQIA job . Just send the oil out for analysis and report on it's contents but with a few added test. Any way hopefully holidays went well. Let's see is 2021 is better then 2020.
My point is that there is no best oil, just like there's no best car, tire, jeans, watch, shoes etc. There is most expensive and best for specific conditions or situations. An Audemars Piguet Royal Oak may be the best watch for a CEO of a large company to wear at the office but probably not the best choice for a mechanic working on cars all day. There's a reason no independent organization has attempted to find the "best" oil. How would anyone clearly define best?

And everything has been controlled by the mighty dollar ever since the mighty dollar was invented, it's really nothing new. "The almighty dollar, that great object of universal devotion throughout our land, seems to have no genuine devotees in these peculiar villages; and unless some of its missionaries penetrate there, and erect banking houses and other pious shrines, there is no knowing how long the inhabitants may remain in their present state of contented poverty."- a quote from Washington Irving, who used it in the story "The Creole Village", which was first published in the 1837 edition of The Magnolia, a literary annual. Courtesy Wikipedia.

You're typing on a laptop or phone, driving a vehicle, wearing clothes, watching a television that was built by a big lazy corporation. The list of items you and I use every day made by big lazy corporations that can't be produced by small independent companies is endless, no matter how well intentioned the notion of supporting the little guy is.

It's not a matter of discrediting Project Farm because of where he conducts his "tests". It's discrediting the tests themselves because they do not in any way prove one oil is "better" than another. Burning oil in a hot plate, watching oil run downhill and using a wear test that's designed for testing extreme pressure properties of grease, (explained in ASTM D2596) is amateurish, pointless and inaccurate.

And I agree, hopefully 2021 will be a little better.

Last edited:

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm using Mobil M1-113A right now, doesn't matter e torque or not.

Last edited:

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
K&n oil filter for me. I like the nut on the bottom means I can use a socket to get it off.

also it is my opinion that as long as you change your oil regularly and use the weight suggested that you really can’t go wrong.

we each have our favorite, nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread