5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

etorque does more than help with starts and smooth out shifts ....

pinkerton

Reaction score
Point taken. I have not driven mine yet and won't pick it up till the 12th. But I warn you, if I find your data bogus I will let you know. Everybody thinks they know how to drive their truck, but it seems few do.
Have you seen the data on the "MPG thread" on this forum? eTorque is extremely cool, but an equally bad investment. It appears to me that the battery, HP, & regen should all double - AND - the cost should be cut in half = Then we will have a fair investment.

I'll bet you this is what we see in 3-5 years

pinkerton

Reaction score
Here's another way to examine:
National AVG price of fuel = $2.58
Warranty is 80,000 miles
eTorque costs $1,250
You would need an improvement of 18 mpg over 16 mpg to make $1,433 before warranty runs out
This does not account for the residual value of the system at 80k, which SHOULD be 30% or so of the original cost.

Saints

Reaction score
Your as bad as the guys who try to trash solar and wind power if it doesn't pay the cost back in a week. Their are a lot of associated benefits to tech like this and merely ignoring them does not convince me, but it does make people who didin't get it feel better about themselves.

An example. Power goes out. You still have power, your family is safe. Now, lets put a price on that. ...Yep.
First off it’s “you’re” and you are as bad as the “green new deal” people that think the world is going to end in 12 years because of carbon emissions. I wish there was a magic wand that we could wave, but there just isn’t. I like technology and like the thought of ET so let’s keep it civil.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Boy...I'd hate to know what it costs to replace that giant generator or other parts of the E-torque system when the warranty is up!
Well it would be like any thing else I suppose...Motor ,Transmission Etc. I have the 100000 miles ext warranty so I would never know myself. I won't keep a vehicle until 100000 miles any more like I used to years ago :). I think the standard warranty on the ET is 7/75000. Last but least many anti ET folks not giving the ET credit for reducing idle time which will enhance the life of many drive units such as transmissions and motors and reducing heat which will have great positive things on so many components other than just save MPG. I like the ET. i think reduced idle reduces so many negatives it really deserves more thought by reducing extra heat among other things as well. kudos to FCA for the ones to produce the ET on the first trucks.

Last edited:

Jackham

Reaction score
Have you seen the data on the "MPG thread" on this forum? eTorque is extremely cool, but an equally bad investment. It appears to me that the battery, HP, & regen should all double - AND - the cost should be cut in half = Then we will have a fair investment.

I'll bet you this is what we see in 3-5 years
Trying to make this work just on MPG return is silly. But go ahead. And please don't get it. Like I said. I will let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread