5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Decal

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good, I heard the 2020's where suppose to come with a decal but I have yet to see it.

Oliver392

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a '20 Limited with e-torque. There is no badging that indicates e-torque. I too had heard that there would be a badge. In particular, it was going to be incorporated into the hood badge.

Baron74

Reaction score
Hybrid only parking here we come!
Off topic a bit but I've noticed a whirring sound the last couple weeks. Was wondering if this was an etorque thing or what? I sounds like it's coming from the right side where the etorque brain lives. I have 2600 miles and don't remember hearing that before.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
I was in a full parking lot with a couple empty "hybrid/EV only" parking spaces. I think I'd like a couple decals (maybe magnetic), just to have something that says eTorque. Hmmmm
Although to be fair, if those parking spaces were next to chargers, it's best not to use them.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just put the charging cord on top of your front tire.
The EV drivers will think you're EV too.

They're all vegan, anyway, what do they know about automobiles....lol

LV426

Reaction score
I find it kind of odd/suspicious that the whole eTorque thing isn't advertised more than it is. I never even heard of it until I started looking at these trucks, I consider myself somewhat of a tech enthusiast (IT guy), so I usually read about things like this or have heard about it but the eTorque thing seems to be very low profile (at least for me). Even when I shopping for trucks it seems like they didn't "push" the eTorque thing at all, not a single truck that I looked at had it blatantly advertised, I thought that was weird.
I also wish they had incorporated it more into the vehicles information system as far as monitoring it, battery level, etc...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I find it kind of odd/suspicious that the whole eTorque thing isn't advertised more than it is. I never even heard of it until I started looking at these trucks, I consider myself somewhat of a tech enthusiast (IT guy), so I usually read about things like this or have heard about it but the eTorque thing seems to be very low profile (at least for me). Even when I shopping for trucks it seems like they didn't "push" the eTorque thing at all, not a single truck that I looked at had it blatantly advertised, I thought that was weird.
I also wish they had incorporated it more into the vehicles information system as far as monitoring it, battery level, etc...
Well, they've finally added hood badges...lol. I agree that they totally missed the mark on advertising the system in the early days. Maybe they wanted it to prove itself out first. And yes, they could/should have provided more onscreen feedback regarding the workings of the system.

LV426

Reaction score
Yeah, totally missed opportunity... The truck has a lot of neat tech that they seemed to neglect options for, like the ability to monitor & turn certain things off (ANC, grill shutters, air damn, eco, etc...) I see all these people ripping them out for somewhat logical reasons or purchasing these expensive devices to disable them, would it have been so difficult to just add an on/off in the EVIC?

I'm happy with the eTorque so far, have had no issues to report. I have 16 lights on my way into work & 16 back so its paying off for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_155107.jpg
    IMG_20210422_155107.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 25

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, they've finally added hood badges...lol. I agree that they totally missed the mark on advertising the system in the early days. Maybe they wanted it to prove itself out first. And yes, they could/should have provided more onscreen feedback regarding the workings of the system.
See this video at the 8:00 minute mark and he explains why they didn’t put eTorque badging on the 2019/2020 model years. The video is from 2018 when they were introducing the system so they apparently changed their mind for the 2021 year badging.

Users who are viewing this thread