5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Decal

Bluesurf

Reaction score
On Diamond Black that eTorque sticker would look great in gold or orange.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, totally missed opportunity... The truck has a lot of neat tech that they seemed to neglect options for, like the ability to monitor & turn certain things off (ANC, grill shutters, air damn, eco, etc...) I see all these people ripping them out for somewhat logical reasons or purchasing these expensive devices to disable them, would it have been so difficult to just add an on/off in the EVIC?

I'm happy with the eTorque so far, have had no issues to report. I have 16 lights on my way into work & 16 back so its paying off for me.
Yes, it would have proven costly for FCA to include the ability to add a customer disable for those systems as it would affect MPG. As of now, they systems are sold without the ability to turn them off thus the higher MPG eTorque system gets a higher MPG rating which helps them with CAFE compliance.

If it could be switched off by the customer, then they would have to claim the lower MPG like that of the non-eTorque Ram which is something like 2 mpg less. I intentionally installed the “expensive device” which was a mere $89 and it gives me the ability to disable it - my choice. Love the rest of what eTorque offers but still not sold on the stop/start thing.

LV426

Reaction score
Ahh, I didn't know there was something out there cheaper than the Tazer to disable start/stop... Still trying to get an understanding on all of these things.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahh, I didn't know there was something out there cheaper than the Tazer to disable start/stop... Still trying to get an understanding on all of these things.
Now I understand your earlier post. Yes, the Tazer is expensive.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
See this video at the 8:00 minute mark and he explains why they didn’t put eTorque badging on the 2019/2020 model years. The video is from 2018 when they were introducing the system so they apparently changed their mind for the 2021 year badging.

I remember this one (a good video, by the way). And while I agree with the premise of making electrification a "non-event", that's just not the case right now. You don't need giant "hybrid" stickers on trucks, but a little bit of badging in the early days helps raise awareness of the technology.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember this one (a good video, by the way). And while I agree with the premise of making electrification a "non-event", that's just not the case right now. You don't need giant "hybrid" stickers on trucks, but a little bit of badging in the early days helps raise awareness of the technology.
Agree 100%. Even Chevrolet did the same thing...they never slapped a sticker on the side of the bed stating “Quadrasteer” pickups in the early 2000’s which helped contribute to its demise. Plus it was damned annoying when someone would come running up on a parking lot it let me know my “rear axle is bused because the tires were turning!”

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Even Chevrolet did the same thing...they never slapped a sticker on the side of the bed stating “Quadrasteer” pickups in the early 2000’s which helped contribute to its demise. Plus it was damned annoying when someone would come running up on a parking lot it let me know my “rear axle is bused because the tires were turning!”
I freaking loved my ‘03 GMC 1500HD Quadrasteer. Had it until the Ram arrived. Turned a lot of heads with that truck, too. But it DID have a “SLT Quadrasteer” badge!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I freaking loved my ‘03 GMC 1500HD Quadrasteer. Had it until the Ram arrived. Turned a lot of heads with that truck, too. But it DID have a “SLT Quadrasteer” badge!
Mine was the first year and it didn’t have any Quadrasteer badge at all. Great trucks!

Users who are viewing this thread