5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Batter replacement

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Not many people keep their vehicles a long time but I do and after reading this article, the Ram truck sorta makes me rethink this brand.

Replacement cost

Since the system hasn't been out for 10 years, we don't know how true the article may be.

kzielu

Reaction score
Not many people keep their vehicles a long time but I do and after reading this article, the Ram truck sorta makes me rethink this brand.

Replacement cost

Since the system hasn't been out for 10 years, we don't know how true the article may be.

This article makes no sense. It's some fluff entirely meant to generate revenue from the ads contained within.

U

User_3336

Written by a guy named Zayn on Truck Guider. Probably looking for click revenue.
while maybe informational, i wouldn't read too much into it.

U

User_3336

Replacement cost

You already created this thread... Why didn't you just post this in the thread you already made?

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
I can tell you my Camry hybrid though the dealer is 5500.00 with a 1 year warranty. I replaced it 3rd party for 1700.00 with a 5 year warantee, 3rd party company’s will rebuild these and sell them much less with a longer warranty. this is the least of my concern with the new trucks.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
You already created this thread... Why didn't you just post this in the thread you already made?

Too totally different topics.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Bro, if you don't want eTorque then don't buy it.
It's your money but don't go looking for people to convince you one way.

Well, if I don't want eTorgue it means I have to buy now before all the 2022s run out.

Later this year, i will have to get it even if I don't want it.

Unless the possibility of then bringing back the Hemi without the eTorque then I would gladly wait.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I can tell you my Camry hybrid though the dealer is 5500.00 with a 1 year warranty. I replaced it 3rd party for 1700.00 with a 5 year warantee, 3rd party company’s will rebuild these and sell them much less with a longer warranty. this is the least of my concern with the new trucks.

The $1,700 every 10 years or so seems more reasonable.

U

User_3336

Too totally different topics.
Not really.... Your first statement in that thread you created was . . . . "Seem like the 2023s will have the e-Torque system and curious what are the major complaints from owners (if any)?"......

So, you're now questioning replacement costs, and relying on a third party article to provide answers.

How are they unrelated?

U

User_3336

Well, if I don't want eTorgue it means I have to buy now before all the 2022s run out.

Later this year, i will have to get it even if I don't want it.

Unless the possibility of then bringing back the Hemi without the eTorque then I would gladly wait.
Shouldn't you have been shopping before NOW?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The $1,700 every 10 years or so seems more reasonable.
You do realize it's warrantied for the first 7 years of ownership? And you don't have an alternator to replace, just the battery back for $1500 if\when it goes after the 7 year mark assuming there are no aftermarket, or delete kits.

If you don't want it then don't get it.
No one here is going to sway what you think your mind is clearly made up (which is fine), it's clear you don't want the risk so get a 2022 off the lot, a used truck, or move into a TRX or a 2500 without eTorque.

U

User_3336

Read it - it talks about battery being lead-acid and located in engine bay.
What's funnier, is they are referring it as a "Dodge" battery! LOL That article is all over the place.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What's funnier, is they are referring it as a "Dodge" battery! LOL That article is all over the place.
I’m gonna Dodge that article. Sounds like a real winner.😖

Azsmc

Reaction score
Wow, what a terrible article! This guy has no clue what he is talking about. Absolutely useless. How do people get articles like this published anyhow. Nothing he says has anything accurate in it what-so-ever!

Users who are viewing this thread