5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETorque ? Anyone happy with it? Reliability ?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All I know is I was just in the market for a new used truck and there are plenty of ETorques on the lots in my neck of the woods with abnormally low mileage and priced below non-ETorques with higher mileages. That tells me the previous owners traded out of them due to problems so I didnt bite on the new technology.
Or the demand for non etorque trucks is artificially driving up the price.
Correlation does not imply causation

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
2 years and almost 36,000 miles in and I have had Zero issues with my '21 Laramie 5.7 with E-Torque. I don't really even realize it has E-Torque until the start/stop does it's thing. Overall, I could take it or leave it if looking for a new truck.

BowDown

Reaction score
2 years and almost 36,000 miles in and I have had Zero issues with my '21 Laramie 5.7 with E-Torque. I don't really even realize it has E-Torque until the start/stop does it's thing. Overall, I could take it or leave it if looking for a new truck.

Same here, 60k miles with no issues. I wasn't looking for it when I bought the truck but it was there with everything else I wanted, not a deal killer.
Too many people listen to the vocal minority regarding "issues" with these trucks

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I know is I was just in the market for a new used truck and there are plenty of ETorques on the lots in my neck of the woods with abnormally low mileage and priced below non-ETorques with higher mileages. That tells me the previous owners traded out of them due to problems so I didnt bite on the new technology.
You missed out on a good deal then.

Zig10

Reaction score
I was perfectly happy with mine until last night when it decided to stop charging my 12V battery. I'm unfortunately 6 hours from home, too.

Tried putting a new (12V) battery in it last night but it didn't solve the problem.

Local dealer squeezed me in and just called and said they found that the wiring harness from the generator to the 48V battery pack has a cracked connector, and that the harness is 3-5 day lead item.

Can't say I'm too happy with the system right now, but I suppose it's no different than if any other wiring harness had cracked at a connector and sent the BCU into fits.

Just sucks that it couldn't have failed at a more convenient time...

6of36

Reaction score
I was perfectly happy with mine until last night when it decided to stop charging my 12V battery. I'm unfortunately 6 hours from home, too.

Tried putting a new (12V) battery in it last night but it didn't solve the problem.

Local dealer squeezed me in and just called and said they found that the wiring harness from the generator to the 48V battery pack has a cracked connector, and that the harness is 3-5 day lead item.

Can't say I'm too happy with the system right now, but I suppose it's no different than if any other wiring harness had cracked at a connector and sent the BCU into fits.

Just sucks that it couldn't have failed at a more convenient time...
When do things EVER fail at a convenient time?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I once completed a 5-hour drive, only to have the temp light come on and water pump fail as I pulled into the shade in my buddy's yard. That was fantastic. I fully acknowledge that it does NOT often work out that way.

BowDown

Reaction score

A friend of mine was having his 1300+whp C6 Grand Sport dropped off by trailer with a friend of ours. As he backed his car off the trailer and we began to leave, I broke the output shaft on my transmission. We pushed my car onto our friends trailer and sent it Gwatney Perf for a new trans and diff. That was convenient as I beat the hell out of my car; it chose the best place and time possible to break.

Users who are viewing this thread