5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESC traction control problem

gguest70

Reaction score
I just lifted my 19 ram 1500 crew cab with a Rough Country 3.5 in lift, and 305/70r18 tires. On curves like off ramps, or high turning rate my esc/ traction control light comes on. We calibrated the speedo also and thought that would fix it, but no luck. I work at a CJDRF dealership and we have lifted several others with no problems.....

Any help would be great. Going on vacation soon and cant have this happening when pulling my travel trailer. Thanks

Last edited:

Huey68

Reaction score
I just lifted my 19 ram 1500 crew cab with a Rough Country 3.5 in lift, and 305/70r18 tires. On curves like off ramps, or high turning rate my esc/ traction control light comes on. We calibrated the speedo also and thought that would fix it, but no luck. I work at a CJDRF dealership and we have lifted several others with no problems.....

Any help would be great. Going on vacation soon and cant have this happening when pulling my travel trailer. Thanks
Mine did the same thing, I thought it was maybe from the sway in the rear or tires being new. After a week or so and 500 miles of driving it seems to have stopped occurring. I still plan on replacing the rear sway bar with the Hellwig. How many miles have you driven since lift and tires?

gguest70

Reaction score
I have driven probably 800 to 1000 miles since the lift. But we just programmed tire size/speedo calibration last night, so maybe 80 miles or less.

Huey68

Reaction score
I have driven probably 800 to 1000 miles since the lift. But we just programmed tire size/speedo calibration last night, so maybe 80 miles or less.
I had my tire size set at the dealer, so may be why mine didn't act up too long. I think it was the tires being new and somewhat slick *knock on wood. Hopefully yours will stop soon as well :)

jameslatessa24

Reaction score
I have driven probably 800 to 1000 miles since the lift. But we just programmed tire size/speedo calibration last night, so maybe 80 miles or le

Have you figured out a fix for this? lifted my 2020 1500 and having the same issues. been in the shop for 2 weeks now.

Mrsandrail

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 Laramie that I lifted and I’m having the same issue , did they ever figure out what’s causing? I’m taking mine to another dealer for a second opinion because that’s what FCA told me to do after opening a case.

flyt tarpon

Reaction score
What size bed do you have? I have the 6'4" bed and the dealer told me that they couldn't install the 2" Mopar lift as it wasn't listed for my VIN. No air ride. 2019 big Horn Crew Cab 5.7 4x4.

Mrsandrail

Reaction score
I have the 5’ 7” bed, The dealer originally installed a 3 1/2 inch ready lift on my truck and recalibrated for the bigger tires. Then they replaced the driver and passenger speed sensors and it still did the issue, then they removed the ready lift and put on rough country 3 1/2 inch lift struts and it still doing it. I took it to a different dealer today to see if they could figure it out like FCA told me to to get a second opinion and that dealer said they won’t touch it, I need to take it back to the dealer to put the lift on. I then called FCA and told my case manager that the other dealer won’t touch it and then she told me to take it back to the dealer that installed the lift FCA seems to be no help whatsoever. At least the original dealer that did the lift is still working with me trying to figure it out because they have never seen this issue before.

Rowg64

Reaction score
I also have a 2021 1500 Laramie. The issue is the same. The dealer installed the 2" lift and installed larger LT295/65R20 tires. Took it back a few times but still not fixed, over 4,000 miles on it now. Dealer won't even call me back. Called Chrysler about it, they did investigate with the dealer, dealer response is that is how the truck is supposed to drive. Chrysler did inform me I could take to another dealer for a second opinion if I wanted.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The body lean from the added height could be setting off the yaw sensor

bpisch176

Reaction score
has anyone found a solution for the traction control going off when turning after they have lifted there trucks i have to rams with almost identical setups on them doing the same thing i know they have replace the orc module abs module and preformed multiple alignments even tried putting the factory wheels and tires back on still no luck any help would be greatly appriciated thanks in advance

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 4 inch BDS lift with 35s and don't seem to have an issue. Never on ramps or such and I get on the DC Beltway to get to work. If you're from here you can relate that it means you are hammering on it to slingshot out into lunatic traffic.

I have only had it come on when expected, like the sharp turn onto the highway from my little side road. That is mostly the LSD helping break traction. I usually use 4 wheel auto if I need to pull out quick and turn off traction control.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I had this with no lift and it turned out to be a star case where a vacuum line was not connected to the front of the engine.
e98aaa5764e7f857217e7c41fecc9fb8.jpg

Reactions: c3k

Clyde

Reaction score
Any one figure the cause out yet, mine just started doing this 2 years - 15k miles after installing the lift (was fine for the first 15k miles).

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Any one figure the cause out yet, mine just started doing this 2 years - 15k miles after installing the lift (was fine for the first 15k miles).

Mine was fine for the first few thousand miles too, then the Service ESC came on. Solution above.

Lolo9078

Reaction score
*edited to add* I purchased truck with 19 miles. Was dropped off at dealer with 600 miles, got it back with 1k miles, and truck currently has 2300 miles.
I bought a 21 big horn in Oct 21 with a dealer installed (mopar) lift kit and 35s. Had this issue since day one. They've calibrated it, aligned it, and also had the truck for 6 months (just got it back in March 22) had techs from Detroit, engineers etc trying to figure it out. They replaced the ABS module and I believe the orc module as well. Still does it. I've tried alpha obd, and still no luck. Anyone got this sorted yet? I want to go bigger on lift, but this is annoying.

sooner44

Reaction score
i am a dodge tech, I just fixed this problem on a lifted 1500. had a ready lift and i swapped out the front steering knuckles with ones from fabtech. the ready lift ones were a lot differently designed,

64257Ram

Reaction score
i am a dodge tech, I just fixed this problem on a lifted 1500. had a ready lift and i swapped out the front steering knuckles with ones from fabtech. the ready lift ones were a lot differently designed,
Hey mate, is there anyway to get around it without replacing the knuckles? How does replacing the knuckles stop the issue?

Ramsdownunder

Reaction score
Hey there. Can you tell us what the difference between the fabtech knuckles are compared to the standard ones? Also what size lift and the part number of it? I have a 2021 Laramie 1500 it’s been doing it now for 35,000km. It’s quite annoying to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/