5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESC and Traction Control Braking

wiendog

Reaction score
I just recently had a Mopar 2 inch lift and new steering rack installed on my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4.Now every time on a leaning turn the ESC and traction control braking comes on and brakes the front wheels and slows the truck on its own.It seems the sensors need some kind of adjustment or recalibration.Any input would be much appreciated before I go back again to the dealer

Reaction score
2020 factory lift. Same problem. 2000 miles on it and the dealer can’t find a problem.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There should be a "zero set" procedure for both the Steering Wheel Angle Sensor and the Yaw Rate Sensor for the VSC. The dealer should just need to set those parameters for you with the truck on a level floor and the tires properly aired up, and you should be good.

When I had my Tundra there was actually some shimming that had to be done when you leveled those trucks so that the VSC Yaw Rate Sensor would sit level again inside the tuck. From what I've seen, or lack thereof, with the Rams, this isn't necessary.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2020 factory lift. Same problem. 2000 miles on it and the dealer can’t find a problem.

Sorry to hear this, Callenanderson. Please know that our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares

Reaction score
Just got mine back from the dealership. Looks like when they did the original lift they put the new mopar at lift on and added the spacer which made the front end sit higher than it was supposed to. They took the spacer out (which made it more level) and recalibrated the computer to a slightly larger tire and it’s been fine for the past few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram1992

Reaction score
Just got mine back from the dealership. Looks like when they did the original lift they put the new mopar at lift on and added the spacer which made the front end sit higher than it was supposed to. They took the spacer out (which made it more level) and recalibrated the computer to a slightly larger tire and it’s been fine for the past few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How spacers do you have at the bottom of the spring seat?

Users who are viewing this thread