5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EOBD/Injection System Failure

dawenger85

Reaction score
So this morning when I went to get in my truck to go to work, I noticed my check engine light was on. I opened my RAM app, and seen a system report was available with one error in the engine category. EOBD/Injection System Failure The See attached photo. Anybody else experienced this situation, and should I be worried or concerned? I have a 2022 RAM 1500 v6/3.6L engine. Thanks

Attachments

• 95B2C5FE-5FC2-4FC7-A752-BC4BCFF1C52E.png
    95B2C5FE-5FC2-4FC7-A752-BC4BCFF1C52E.png
    111 KB · Views: 97

ch2005

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me yesterday and it's still reading an error. I have the same truck/motor with 600 miles on it.
Waiting for the service dept to open and see what they say...

U

User_3336

Same thing happened to me yesterday and it's still reading an error. I have the same truck/motor with 600 miles on it.
Waiting for the service dept to open and see what they say...
What a coincidence!!!

m.hamner

Reaction score
Happened to me today while sitting at a light. Switched me to park. Couldn’t get out of park until it allowed me to shut the engine down and try again. Threw a CEL and code read p1d54.

Any of y’all get it figured out what it was?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My son had this hit twice: June 4th (while his 2022 Big Horn ecoDiesel was in a body shop getting some driver door vandalism repaired) and then June 30th while driving.

Both times the CEL came on steady. Also, both times, the CEL eventually went out (a day or two or so).

He has an appointment for the dealer to look at it next week.

m.hamner

Reaction score
So, I went to the dealer today and they said two things: the code I threw on the eTorque is very similar to another code that's commonly thrown and to fix THAT code, it results in flashing the HCP (Hybrid Control Processor), which they did. However, the fix to my specific code is to replace the alternator/eTorque motor. Only had the truck two months y'all. two months. It's getting the electric motor swapped out. yay.

Julio13

Reaction score
Question for you guys having this come up have you removed your active air damn because it might be a coincidence but I removed mine yesterday and today I get this on the app my truck has no check engine light on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m.hamner

Reaction score
I think it could be a coincidence, cause my CEL fell off after about an hour of the malfunction.

Julio13

Reaction score
An update I put back the aad and sure enough the alert was cleared

Reactions: c3k

Julio13

Reaction score
Update removed it again yesterday and sure enough alert was back on my Uconnect app so it definitely seems it has something to do with it looking to see if someone has an extra one would like to remove motor and zip tie so truck still sees it

Reactions: c3k

KGentry

Reaction score
So this morning when I went to get in my truck to go to work, I noticed my check engine light was on. I opened my RAM app, and seen a system report was available with one error in the engine category. EOBD/Injection System Failure The See attached photo. Anybody else experienced this situation, and should I be worried or concerned? I have a 2022 RAM 1500 v6/3.6L engine. Thanks
I am in the process of buying a 22 ram 1500 V6 3.6L. During my test drive I had the same error come up, they are telling me it is a sensor that they have to replace.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, my son's 2022 Big Horn ecoDiesel is in the shop as of this morning. That error popped up twice. (Also, through the Uconnect app, he was told his transmission fluid was overheating...on a day in which he never even started the truck?!?!)

I'm curious to find out what the dealership says.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: My son picked up the truck. Despite the CEL being on twice for several days both times, they claim there were no stored codes. Does that make sense to anyone?

m.hamner

Reaction score
Well, my 2.5 mo old has a new pacemaker. They replaced the MGU (Motor Generator Unit) which is the fancy heavy duty alternator. They said me throwing those codes and CELS randomly with them disappearing is a strong suspicion for the alternator not working properly. We'll see if that fixes my issues.

and @c3k Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me.

Mjamfan22

Reaction score
Got my 2022 Laramie Friday, engine light showed up on Sunday with 250 miles... anyone know whats the issue is. This is not what I expected.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update: My son picked up the truck. Despite the CEL being on twice for several days both times, they claim there were no stored codes. Does that make sense to anyone?
Not unless they were cleared or conditions were met to not have them be active and the shop doesn’t know how to read historical codes.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not unless they were cleared or conditions were met to not have them be active and the shop doesn’t know how to read historical codes.
I voiced my lack of confidence in their diagnosis via their survey. (No doubt they deleted it, if possible.)

Next time my son comes by, I'll install a bypass and boot up the AlfaOBD scanner.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW, since my post (just above yours) the error has not recurred. That's about 3 1/2 months...

Jprec8it

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last night. Lights kit on the dash, just on the app. Any idea of what it can be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/