5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine - Trans skid from Dethloff Mfg

pjz

Reaction score
Installed the engine/trans skid plate today. Super easy to install and adds a ton of protection.
Well built product and helpful service - called them with a couple questions.
If you haven't looked under your Ram yet you will find a lot of vulenaerble areas that could ruin even an easy trail ride.

I found this one based on the posts here - thanks for the info.

Added the Fumoto valve - also got that detail off the forum.

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2617.jpeg
    IMG_2617.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 143

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Great idea, I remember someone posting recently they were off-roading and punctured their tranny pan on a rock, luckily a Jeep behind them saw it happen stopped him before he ruined the tranny. He could have used this :)

pjz

Reaction score
That was some good luck for sure! The forums are helpful for good ideas and ideas to blow all your cash on!!

Getting ready for a Death Valley trip and wanted to be sure to cover the basics to protect the bottom. Surprising oversight to not have the trans pan and lines covered. The stock skid plates are decent enough. No rock crawling in my plans.

U

User_21361

Just placed an order myself as I've been hitting the trails more and more. Looking forward to the added protection

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

pjz

Reaction score
You will like the quality when it arrives. Good powder coating and really couldn’t be much easier to install.

U

User_21361

You will like the quality when it arrives. Good powder coating and really couldn’t be much easier to install.
How long did it take you to get it after your ordered?

pjz

Reaction score
I want to say maybe 3-4 days. In Los Angeles and it came down from OR. It was pretty quick.

Techguy2000

Reaction score
I placed an order about 2.5 weeks ago and right when they ran out of the last batch. Emailed a few days ago and Marcus said they had just received them in again and were shipping them out as fast as they could.

U

User_21361

Yeah I called yesterday because I didn't get an invoice. He said that they just got mine back from powder coat and would ship out probably later this week. I'm pumped

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

pjz

Reaction score
I probably got the last one in stock, had called him to ask that question. Sorry about that guys!

Techguy2000

Reaction score
I had the page open on my browser for a few days, and saw it said 1 left so I ordered, but ya you must have squeezed in before that could get updated :)

Reactions: pjz

Users who are viewing this thread