5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine revs several times over 1500 RPMs while in 1st (Less than 600 miles)

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Here was the situation:

Started the truck up, placed into R backed up and turned the wheel to reverse onto pavement as I was on grass and on a slight decline stopped put in D to go over a jump and I pressed on accelerator like normal except this time the engine rev up to 1500+ RPMs still in 1st gear. It did a several times so I hit the brake and settled the truck down and came to a complete stop. Pressed the accelerator again and it shifted just fine.

Ummm...anyone else have such an issue? Only 600 miles on the clock. It has only happened once...

Other than clicking several times after initial start up which I hear could be drained oil or the brakes both issues I guess normal for these Hemis- the truck has been great so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here was the situation:

Started the truck up, placed into R backed up and turned the wheel to reverse onto pavement as I was on grass and on a slight decline stopped put in D to go over a jump and I pressed on accelerator like normal except this time the engine rev up to 1500+ RPMs still in 1st gear. It did a several times so I hit the brake and settled the truck down and came to a complete stop. Pressed the accelerator again and it shifted just fine.

Ummm...anyone else have such an issue? Only 600 miles on the clock. It has only happened once...

Other than clicking several times after initial start up which I hear could be drained oil or the brakes both issues I guess normal for these Hemis- the truck has been great so far!

We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your Ram dealer, please be sure to follow up with us via private message. We would be more than willing to provide you with an additional layer of support for the dealer process.

Mark
RamCares

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was it bouncing almost like it had a cam? (like it would rev on its own to 1500 then go back down to 6-700 and repeat)

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Yeah, I was just lightly pressing on the accelerator. It has not repeated the situation nor have I tried to replicate the exact moment either.

Occasionally I feel like when the engine is cold and hit the accelerator lightly for the first time going out of the driveway the truck’s acceleration acts a little spongy/bouncy - hard to explain. Once it’s warmed up no issues at all.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just lightly pressing on the accelerator. It has not repeated the situation nor have I tried to replicate the exact moment either.

Occasionally I feel like when the engine is cold and hit the accelerator lightly for the first time going out of the driveway the truck’s acceleration acts a little spongy/bouncy - hard to explain. Once it’s warmed up no issues at all.

Sounds about like mine TBH but its gotten worse the last 2 weeks. I am about due for an oil change so I'll mention it when I take it in

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online