5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Issues at 15k miles (12/16 Update)

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
Well guys here's an update as of 12/17:

I left to go to Florida for 12 days on 12/6 and was told my replacement engine would be in on 12/13. I was thinking to myself that it would be pretty good timing as far as getting back from FL and picking up my vehicle. Well the dealership tells me on Monday the 16th that my replacement engine has still not shown up. On Tuesday the 17th, the dealership contacts me to tell me that the engine was somehow misplaced by FCA and they were advised to order another replacement. So now the new ETA date for my engine is 12/27 which basically means I won't have my truck for the rest of 2019.

I purchased my truck on 11/13/2019 which was over a month ago. I think I've gotten to drive this truck a total of 5 days since then and it's spent all of the other days in the shop at a dealership. I've been trying to be very patient through all of this but I basically lost all of it after the dealership said FCA misplaced my first replacement engine. What a joke.

The adventure continues.....

How in the fook do you misplace an engine? It's not like a tv remote, it's an engine. Kinda hard to lose. :confused:

borden72

Reaction score
It's a high dollar item too. I'm pretty sure they know where those are. I had a rear sliding window "on order" which was never actually ordered. Ram customer care can help track things like this and they don't mind calling out a dealer if they messed up.

d19r93

Reaction score
Very disheartening to read this. At least the dealer is taking ownership and replacing the engine. My dealerships around me would spend their time trying to blame me for something. While it does suck that you have to go through this, it will get fixed and you'll be good to go soon!

On another note - fuel will wash out a cylinder of oil, but I wouldn't think it would be bad enough to spin a bearing and throw a rod through the block. That's insane!

cmmuse

Reaction score
Got a text earlier today stating that the replacement engine showed up and they should be able to get the truck done next week. Who knows what happened or if it actually got lost in transit. I'm not going to believe anything until they call me to come pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread