5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Cover Removal

jafoesq

Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the plastic engine cover that sits on top of the engine? I know about the two 10mm bolts up front but I can't figure out how to get it dislodged from the back. The last time the dealer changed my oil the numbnuts who did the job spilled oil all over it.

Cover.jpg

whetrick1

Reaction score
Not needed at all. It is just a "beauty" piece.

Or you can make it look better
2f97e3f63c5963bbb2be8569d3b1422f.jpg

7a6e8a1b71232807b842e5255ac922be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A lot harder to get it back on.

I have thought of just removing it. Why is it even needed? What is wrong with seeing the intake manifold?
It could be a noise reduction thing. I haven't pulled mine off yet, but I have on several cars and they are usually padded underneath with sound deadening material

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should just pull towards the front of the truck and out. Getting this thing back on is a real pain in the *** with an S&B cold air intake. Had to remove it when I installed my catch can and reinstalling the cover was the most difficult part...

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Well when you have a little time you should make good use of it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh - I do. Truck is my daily, and I knew I'd be trading it soon.

I put my $$ & time into guns, motorcycles and slingshots with superchargers and expensive stereo systems.

IMG_6647.jpg
More $$ I'll never get back out of them.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread