5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Code Questions - FCA Mechanics?

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to get some information and clarification regarding some engine codes I am getting. I am thinking anyone could answer but FCA mechanics might know best. So in the past, I have always known codes that have been reset/delete would not show up on the programmer when you run the checks again. I own a BlueDriver programmer and I don't think I have ever had stored inactive codes continue to show up. So what is happening is that I am running the diagnostics and the codes show up, I delete them and run the scan tool again and the codes are gone, then I go for driving run the scan tool again and boom the codes are back. NOW, with all this being said my engine light is not coming on which is why I am questioning if these are "store inactive" codes like my Dealer is telling me or if these codes will not though the engine light.

The reason I am unsure if these are in fact inactive codes just showing up is, I am having problems with some of these systems but the truck has been to the dealer 2 times and both times they say they are just inactive codes which doesn't make much sense to me, not saying they are lying but like I said I've never seen deleted codes come back. So for instance 2 systems I am having issues with that show up on these supposed inactive codes are: tire pressure system which does through the TPMS light on the dash and rain sensing wipers which doesn't throw any dash lights.

So what is happening with these systems. The rain sensing wipers are not working as I remember them working when I first got the truck. If the windshield senses any moisture or rain they would automatically come on, didn't matter if the truck was just turned on and the rain was already there or if I was driving down the road and it started to ran. It seems, the only way to make the system work is for me to initiate the wipers by moving the wiper controls once or turning the system off and on with uconnect and then they automatically start to work as intended with adjusting speed based on how fast the rain is coming down. The second issue is my tire pressure sensors, the dealer was saying it needed AIR the first time I brought it in with the TPMS light active on the dash which I know wasn't the case. 2nd time I took it in, unfortunately the light shut off and they said they couldn't do anything as the light wasn't on. I complained because it was on the first go around and they didn't do anything. So anyhow, my TPMS sensors work sometimes and other times the light comes on, could come on when I first start the truck and other times it might be fine while driving then all of a sudden the light comes on. Also what is unusual, it's only the front left and right rear and they are never on at the same time but are constantly flipping between both.

All these problems seem to have happened when I disconnected the battery to reset the truck after installing my Vararam intake. I never had any issues with any of these systems before this. Anyhow, if anyone can A) confirm if these are in fact inactive codes as the dealer states and B) if they are inactive codes why am I having issues with these systems and no engine light comes on.

I have attached the codes for your viewing. Here is my info regarding each code.

Front Control Module
- U0010 = CAN Interior Bus: not sure what this would affect
- U1190 = Lost communication with Humidity/Temperature Sensor: If this is outside air temp then no problems, inside air temp no problems
- U0231 = Lost communication with Light Raining Sensing Module: Having issues with rain sending wipers
- B16B7 = Center Stop Lamp Control Circuit: Light was out, replaced it and seems to be working

Radio Frequency Hub
- C1503 = Tire Pressure Sensor 3 Internal: Having issues with 2 sensors so possible this is one of them
- C1501 = Tire Pressure Sensor 1 Internal: Having issues with 2 sensors so possible this is one of them
- C151D = Tire Pressure Sensor Location Undetermined: Front Right and Left Rear no issues. Front Left and Right Rear having issues

Instrument Panel Cluster
- U1489 = Implausible Data Received from RF Hub: I have no clue what this is referring too.

Parktronics
-B222A = Vehicle Line Mismatch: No problem with Parktronics most of the time, sometimes front sensors will go off even if nothing is close but very few and far between.

Screenshot_20201128-030723_BlueDriver.jpg Screenshot_20201128-030736_BlueDriver.jpg

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the battery again...leave it disconnected for 10 min or so then reconnect. Let the truck sit after reconnecting...don’t even open the door...for an additional 10-15 min to allow all systems to reboot on their own. This may resolve your issues.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
A code will set in the computer without setting the dash light. The computer sees a fault and sets a code, then waits for a rescan and subsequent positive fault diagnosis before setting the light.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to get some information and clarification regarding some engine codes I am getting. I am thinking anyone could answer but FCA mechanics might know best. So in the past, I have always known codes that have been reset/delete would not show up on the programmer when you run the checks again. I own a BlueDriver programmer and I don't think I have ever had stored inactive codes continue to show up. So what is happening is that I am running the diagnostics and the codes show up, I delete them and run the scan tool again and the codes are gone, then I go for driving run the scan tool again and boom the codes are back. NOW, with all this being said my engine light is not coming on which is why I am questioning if these are "store inactive" codes like my Dealer is telling me or if these codes will not though the engine light.

The reason I am unsure if these are in fact inactive codes just showing up is, I am having problems with some of these systems but the truck has been to the dealer 2 times and both times they say they are just inactive codes which doesn't make much sense to me, not saying they are lying but like I said I've never seen deleted codes come back. So for instance 2 systems I am having issues with that show up on these supposed inactive codes are: tire pressure system which does through the TPMS light on the dash and rain sensing wipers which doesn't throw any dash lights.

So what is happening with these systems. The rain sensing wipers are not working as I remember them working when I first got the truck. If the windshield senses any moisture or rain they would automatically come on, didn't matter if the truck was just turned on and the rain was already there or if I was driving down the road and it started to ran. It seems, the only way to make the system work is for me to initiate the wipers by moving the wiper controls once or turning the system off and on with uconnect and then they automatically start to work as intended with adjusting speed based on how fast the rain is coming down. The second issue is my tire pressure sensors, the dealer was saying it needed AIR the first time I brought it in with the TPMS light active on the dash which I know wasn't the case. 2nd time I took it in, unfortunately the light shut off and they said they couldn't do anything as the light wasn't on. I complained because it was on the first go around and they didn't do anything. So anyhow, my TPMS sensors work sometimes and other times the light comes on, could come on when I first start the truck and other times it might be fine while driving then all of a sudden the light comes on. Also what is unusual, it's only the front left and right rear and they are never on at the same time but are constantly flipping between both.

All these problems seem to have happened when I disconnected the battery to reset the truck after installing my Vararam intake. I never had any issues with any of these systems before this. Anyhow, if anyone can A) confirm if these are in fact inactive codes as the dealer states and B) if they are inactive codes why am I having issues with these systems and no engine light comes on.

I have attached the codes for your viewing. Here is my info regarding each code.

Front Control Module
- U0010 = CAN Interior Bus: not sure what this would affect
- U1190 = Lost communication with Humidity/Temperature Sensor: If this is outside air temp then no problems, inside air temp no problems
- U0231 = Lost communication with Light Raining Sensing Module: Having issues with rain sending wipers
- B16B7 = Center Stop Lamp Control Circuit: Light was out, replaced it and seems to be working

Radio Frequency Hub
- C1503 = Tire Pressure Sensor 3 Internal: Having issues with 2 sensors so possible this is one of them
- C1501 = Tire Pressure Sensor 1 Internal: Having issues with 2 sensors so possible this is one of them
- C151D = Tire Pressure Sensor Location Undetermined: Front Right and Left Rear no issues. Front Left and Right Rear having issues

Instrument Panel Cluster
- U1489 = Implausible Data Received from RF Hub: I have no clue what this is referring too.

Parktronics
-B222A = Vehicle Line Mismatch: No problem with Parktronics most of the time, sometimes front sensors will go off even if nothing is close but very few and far between.

View attachment 75086 View attachment 75087
None of these faults will call for the check engine light.
- U0010- canbus IHS- can hi short/open, can lo short/open, can hi short to can lo, can ihs junction block termination short, etc..

- U0231- open circuit on Lin bus wire/power/or ground going to rain sensor, or damaged rain sensor
- B16B7- this doesn’t clear automatically when the issue is corrected, so it should clear now
- C1503- sensor in right rear tire not giving data to the rf hub
- C1501- sensor in front left tire not giving data to rf hub
-C151D- rf hub not learning sensors/ incompatible sensors
- U1489- this is a result of the faults in the rf hub
- B222A- vehicle line data from BCM doesn’t match data in park assist module
For the last 5 faults, did you get new tires with aftermarket sensors? Did you try to correct the speedometer by changing the tire diameter in the BCM?

Drewster

Reaction score
You should probably add some context as to what you've done with the TazerDT...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You should probably add some context as to what you've done with the TazerDT...
Ahh, the plot thickens. @19BlueStreakSport , Definitely need a complete rundown of what you’ve done. The U0010 is probably because of the tazer if you have used any live functions.

Reaction score
Let me clear up some questions.

New tires installed factory sensors put back in, nothing aftermarket. Also these tires and sensors were done back in August I haven't had a problem until recently.

As for the TazerDT, all these codes were here long before I even had the Tazer. I just recently got the Tazer.

The only thing I did was disconnect the battery when I installed the Vararam. After fitting the Vararam multiple times I forgot to plug the air sensor back in so it threw the engine light. Once I realized this mistake I plugged in the air sensor and the code went away and so did the engine light.

I noticed all these codes after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Prior the tire sensors were working, rain sensing wires were working etc...

Reaction score
U0010 is the only new light since I put the Tazer in.

I am using some live functions such at the light show, window roll down, auto fold mirrors, nav keyboard enabled, turn cam and button remap.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I figured that, as soon as tazer was mentioned. This fault is the result of messages being put on the bus when live functions are used, and the BCM doesn’t expect them to be happening. Everything piece of information matters when it comes to this many communication faults, right down to which terminal you disconnected from the battery, and did it touch anything.
TMPS sensors may have been damaged when the tires were mounted, but without a tool like AlfaOBD to read the rf hub status, it’s hard to guess.

Reaction score
I disconnect both terminals on the battery and in correct order. Negative off and then positive off. When reinstalling the process was reversed. There were little sparks when reconnecting the negative.

As for the TPMS sensors, I'm thinking they were not damaged during installation. The tires were mounted at the beginning of August, so 4 months ago without a single problem. Never once have I had warnings up until the time I disconnected the battery to install the Vararam. Also, I highly doubt they were damaged because what is happening is just to odd anyhow. Only the LF and RR are acting up and their are days the lights don't come on, days where it's says RR first and some days LF is first, they flip flop sometimes between the 2 in a matter of seconds and other times longer intervals.

Everything leaks to that start of the problem when I disconnected the Battery after the Vararam with the exception the U0010 code which makes sense after installing the TazerDT as like you said the BCM is not expecting the vehicle to act in these manners.

Are these codes active or inactive is what I am curious about. Because the dealer says inactive but yet a few of the codes are also showing issues with those systems on the truck. It seems to me these are active codes not inactive. If I'm having problems with the systems and there are codes that match those problem I find it hard to believe they are inactive codes.

I've yet to recheck for the codes for the rear CHMSL after replacing the bulb. I'm going to rerun my reader.

As for reading the codes for the RF hub, if I have RF error code and your saying you'd need some a tool like the AlphaOBD. Why isn't the dealer reading the codes and just saying the codes are inactive? Surely the dealers scan tools would have to be capable of reading the codes.

The dealer is basically telling me that unless the engine light is on, there isn't much they can do. Then they tell me the codes are there but that they are inactive. Doesn't make any sense to me, but how can I convince the dealer that I'm currently having the problems with the truck and they match the "inactive" codes. Maybe the codes are active at the exact time the problem is happening and then when it stops happening they go into inactive? I don't know.

Reaction score
Its frustrating because I just disconnected a battery. Then these problems all happen. And then the dealer can't do anything.

I mean my wipers would turn in right away if there is rain on them without any input from me. Now I have to twist the wiper controls and then they are to work correctly, going slower or faster depending on intensity of rain.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I disconnect both terminals on the battery and in correct order. Negative off and then positive off. When reinstalling the process was reversed. There were little sparks when reconnecting the negative.

As for the TPMS sensors, I'm thinking they were not damaged during installation. The tires were mounted at the beginning of August, so 4 months ago without a single problem. Never once have I had warnings up until the time I disconnected the battery to install the Vararam. Also, I highly doubt they were damaged because what is happening is just to odd anyhow. Only the LF and RR are acting up and their are days the lights don't come on, days where it's says RR first and some days LF is first, they flip flop sometimes between the 2 in a matter of seconds and other times longer intervals.

Everything leaks to that start of the problem when I disconnected the Battery after the Vararam with the exception the U0010 code which makes sense after installing the TazerDT as like you said the BCM is not expecting the vehicle to act in these manners.

Are these codes active or inactive is what I am curious about. Because the dealer says inactive but yet a few of the codes are also showing issues with those systems on the truck. It seems to me these are active codes not inactive. If I'm having problems with the systems and there are codes that match those problem I find it hard to believe they are inactive codes.

I've yet to recheck for the codes for the rear CHMSL after replacing the bulb. I'm going to rerun my reader.

As for reading the codes for the RF hub, if I have RF error code and your saying you'd need some a tool like the AlphaOBD. Why isn't the dealer reading the codes and just saying the codes are inactive? Surely the dealers scan tools would have to be capable of reading the codes.

The dealer is basically telling me that unless the engine light is on, there isn't much they can do. Then they tell me the codes are there but that they are inactive. Doesn't make any sense to me, but how can I convince the dealer that I'm currently having the problems with the truck and they match the "inactive" codes. Maybe the codes are active at the exact time the problem is happening and then when it stops happening they go into inactive? I don't know.
If you have faults, clear them, then they come back, then they are active. There is an actual issue. Tell the dealer that the check engine light doesn’t have to be on for there to be active faults stored in modules, along with the items on the vehicle not actually working. Basically, the only faults that are going to request a MIL, are faults in the PCM.

Reaction score
If you have faults, clear them, then they come back, then they are active. There is an actual issue. Tell the dealer that the check engine light doesn’t have to be on for there to be active faults stored in modules, along with the items on the vehicle not actually working. Basically, the only faults that are going to request a MIL, are faults in the PCM.

This is what I tried to tell the dealer. I clear them with my programmer and they are gone when I run it again to verify. Once I drive, boom they are back. The dealer is trying to tell me they are inactive codes, I told them last time I check when you clear a code it stays cleared. If the cleared code comes back that means the system was activated again, thus throwing the code again.

Pretty soon I will be contacting FCA directly, because this is BS. If I am having problems with systems where there are clearly codes being regiesterted, then those codes have to be active not inactive. If they really want, they will need to keep the truck for a week and have it hooked up while driving until the codes come on. So if the system isn't having the problem at the current time, the codes are inactive from what they say.

So case in point... My wipers are not functioning correctly so the truck throws the code, but then they are working and that codes becomes "inactive" from what they seem to want to say. That just means at the current time the system is not functioning correctly and fixes itself temporary. This seems to be the case of cat and mouse. The problems are sporadic, so if they system to working at the time it foes to the dealer they see it as an inactive code.

The stupidity of it all is, I am the customer and saying these problems are happening be it at the currently moment or previously. IDGAF if the system isn't doing it while it's at the dealer, the codes are there for them to view the problems. Why do the codes need to be active for them to fix the problem... Just fix the problem and be done with it. It's like if their scan tool doesn't register it as a currently problem they don't fix it, even tho the customer is having problems with the system (with video and photo proof, not jut my word) and the codes verify at some point there was a system problem. With sporadic problems like this they just need to fix the issue at hand.

Funny enough tho, this isn't just a FCA problem my parents at a similar problem with GM, their Enclave was burning OIL and my Dad was monitor it, adding 1qt/day. They kept saying nope, nothing wrong with your car. Wouldn't you know it, near the end of the warranty they decide there is problem. After running the car down to the very last part of the warranty. So basically if they have a problem with the new motor, they have no warranty left on the vehicle. Almost like it's no purpose.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I am using some live functions such at the light show, window roll down, auto fold mirrors, nav keyboard enabled, turn cam and button remap.
This code is thrown when the security gateway is disconnected. IE when you replace it with a Tazer.

Reaction score
This code is thrown when the security gateway is disconnected. IE when you replace it with a Tazer.

Yep cleared that up a few post up with Jimmy07, but you can never have too much information or input. Thanks.

Would be nice if those Zautomotive people can put this in the manual somewhere, that way it doesn't come to a surprise to people thinking there is something wrong with the vehicle.

Had it not been for all the other lights coming on prior to the Tazer, I would have probably figured this was because of the Tazer, but it was just another code mixed in with all the others that I just fluffed it off. I know it came after I installed the Tazer, but still didn't make the connection because of all the codes.

Again thanks for the clarification.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
put the truck in run ( 2 start button presses without holding brake ) and clear all the codes and verify they are gone. then try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Then hold both terminals together for 30 seconds before reconnecting it. then let it sit for 5 minutes before trying to start it. That should clear all the history. If the codes come back, you have problems.

Reaction score
put the truck in run ( 2 start button presses without holding brake ) and clear all the codes and verify they are gone. then try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Then hold both terminals together for 30 seconds before reconnecting it. then let it sit for 5 minutes before trying to start it. That should clear all the history. If the codes come back, you have problems.

I'll give it a shot, but when I did initially disconnect the battery it was for about 30 mins or so.

Anything is worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread