5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine block heater cord location

Kramersp

Reaction score
Where is the engine block heater cord on the 2019 ram limited?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you order it with one. I know the Canadian ones come standard. If it's like previous Hemi's than its on the passenger side should come out close to the headlight. Might be tucked up under the plastic cover that goes over the rad.
The following from the manual.

The engine block heater cord is routed under the hood on
the passenger side of the vehicle near the right head lamp
assembly. It is located between the front grill and the
radiator, but underneath the black upper seal.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe you have to add this to your package and if you didn't you won't have it.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then you should have an electrical cord by your front end grill that can be plugged into a wall outlet

Daniel

Reaction score
Where is your engine block heater cord , mine is beside the right fender near the air filter but too short to reach the front of truck?

TimG

Reaction score
That's the same place mine is. And it sucks! Obviously designed by someone that has never used/needed it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, it's a terrible location. Don't know if there is anything a dealer can do, this has DIY written all over it.

Daniel

Reaction score
I know but they will have to do something about it like ordering a longer cord .
Canadian/Quebec

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe, depends on your relationship with your dealer. They provided a block heater and cord... unless it doesn't work, the location is not their concern.

Trust me, I'm a Manitoban, I'll be using my block heater every night and I agree the location is awful... I just don't see dealers doing anything about it.

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
Risks for attaching an extension cord to extend the OEM cord - then reroute it to the front bumper ?

Basically, if the truck is parked outside my garage, I would just like to connect it to the power outlet outside and opening the hood to connect it doesnt sound easy. I am planning to buy one of smart plugs - and then somehow figure an automation to turn it on automatically 2-3 hours in the AM on freezing cold days.

Daniel

Reaction score
Risks for attaching an extension cord to extend the OEM cord - then reroute it to the front bumper ?

Basically, if the truck is parked outside my garage, I would just like to connect it to the power outlet outside and opening the hood to connect it doesnt sound easy. I am planning to buy one of smart plugs - and then somehow figure an automation to turn it on automatically 2-3 hours in the AM on freezing cold days.
Hep good for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online