5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergency braking for no reason?

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Ok, I get beeps all the time with the collision avoidance system, but recently I had the truck slam on the brakes, at 40mph, and come to a complete stop for no reason. There was no one in front of me and no one coming towards me. The truck just slammed on the brakes and stopped in the middle of the road. Once it came to a complete stop it let me accelerate and get moving again. The people behind me must have thought I was crazy.

I really have no idea why it happened, but it was startling to say the least.

Has this happened to anyone else??

MTaylor

Reaction score
There are a number of other threads on same subject, guess that's why most turn that option off! It's great in theory, but if it's not operating at 100% ...then there is always a chance of this happening and causing injury.

Reaction score
I had this start happening to me after getting a software update at the dealership last week. It triggers going underneath the freeway overpass with nothing in front of me or beside me. I've since turned off the braking and just left the warning in place for now until I can schedule another visit with the dealership.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had this start happening to me after getting a software update at the dealership last week. It triggers going underneath the freeway overpass with nothing in front of me or beside me. I've since turned off the braking and just left the warning in place for now until I can schedule another visit with the dealership.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, ChevyConvert86. If it would be of interest, I would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance as you work with your dealer for this concern. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
Happened to me 3x backing up in the same day. Thankfully I was going slow but it happened with nothing at all behind me on flat ground. I wiped the sensors(they were not that dirty to begin with) and it has not happened since. The feature makes me nervous because if not functioning properly this could have the opposity effect of avoiding a collision.

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
oh ya, and don't get me started on trying to back up the truck to hook up a trailer with the door open. Can't do it! Have to close the door every time I want to move back a foot, or an inch.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Is this automatic breaking a part of the adaptive cruise control or some special order feature. My 2019 has the Lonestar L2 trim (same as Bighorn I think) and it does not have all these extra features, or so i thought. The other day I was backing toward a rod-iron fence and suddenly the truck stopped itself. Normally I back up until the receiver hitch touches the fence but I guess this truck doesn't like being that close. Yes, the sensors were beeping and the red warning image was flashing, I just wanted to get a little closer. Guess I shouldn't be doing that :D

Users who are viewing this thread