5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electronic issues Radio, AC, and Front Power Windows

Tom5

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be cheaper to just switch to a different LED taillight. Of course you’d have to buy 2
Looks like I bought the wrong light the one I received has no blind spot detection . Why does ram have 10 different tail light assemblies. Seems to be hard to find my tail light they are 68262531ag which are discontinued. And the one they recommend to replace it does not have the blind spot detection.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like I bought the wrong light the one I received has no blind spot detection . Why does ram have 10 different tail light assemblies. Seems to be hard to find my tail light they are 68262531ag which are discontinued. And the one they recommend to replace it does not have the blind spot detection.
What does it do when you hook that one up? You would think it would work except with no blind spot

PigBimpin

Reaction score
The tail light is VIN specific, reach out to your dealer to know which part # you need to purchase. That is why mine was $1200.

markahouser

Reaction score
My radio screen has turned off and there is no power to the AC, front driver side and passenger side doors. The AC currently blows hot air from the font area at the base of the windshield. I have left the battery disconnected for an hour to attempt to reset the truck. I have pulled the F44 radio fuse (it was not blown). I did have a message on the tac screen that said Blind Spot Sensor Not available. The weird thing is that this is only happening when the engine is running. When the engine is off the radio works and so does the power windows
I have the same exact problem.

N7GZN

Reaction score
It's not only the taillights themselves, but the blind spot proximity sensors as it talks on the canbus. I wonder why the sensors were not designed waterproof, as water in taillights is not an unheard of occurrence.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
My radio screen has turned off and there is no power to the AC, front driver side and passenger side doors. The AC currently blows hot air from the font area at the base of the windshield. I have left the battery disconnected for an hour to attempt to reset the truck. I have pulled the F44 radio fuse (it was not blown). I did have a message on the tac screen that said Blind Spot Sensor Not available. The weird thing is that this is only happening when the engine is running. When the engine is off the radio works and so does the power windows

I use RamForum instead of this forum, but I just wanted to drop a note and let you know I literally joined this forum simply to thank the OP. I have been dealing with these EXACT symptoms now for almost 2 weeks. Once I read how you resolved your problem I remembered I've been getting a strange message for years that my rear right taillight is out, when it was never out, but I figured something must have been wrong with it so I tried disconnecting it and that resolved the problem. Pricey situation to replace that taillight since it's LED and includes blind spot detection, but it's way less than what I was imagining having a dealership diagnose it, since I am out of warranty.

So thank you! This is just one example as to why these forums are so valuable.

I also found a handful of other folks on other forum threads with the same issue. I'm in Detroit, and a close friend of mine is an engineer at Ram, and he's been closely following my problems, and I was able to tell him how we were able to resolve this. Hopefully it will lead to some different designs that don't shut down all these other electronics when there's such a small problem elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread