5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical issues

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score
I have a 2019 5gen Ram 1500.
Starting on Saturday I have been getting multiple errors popping up on my dash. They are random and when they appear and not always the same. Nothing actually happens but the indicators come on. Can someone point me in the right direction on this issue?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Usually there is some sensor going off sending it to your dash, even if they are gone, they are likely stored in the computer. You can buy a cheap OBDII reader on Amazon for $15 and find the codes yourself. Though some deeper codes you will need a professional level reader, you can rent one from most autoparts stores.

It could be as simple as a ground wire, bad sensors, emission equipment, etc. But you need to find the codes first. If you don't want to do it yourself, you can pay independent service shop a fee to check it and go from there, most are in the $60 - $120 range for the initial assessment.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another thing it could be is letting you know the battery is getting weak . These trucks do weird things when the battery is getting low .

Users who are viewing this thread