5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric Travel Trailer

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is pretty interesting. It was obviously coming in some form, but it adds benefits I hadn't thought of, like being able to drive itself to realign in a campsite.

Winnebago just released an electric Class B.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Sheesh what's next. Now of course since it is an Airstream, that already costs unbelievable amounts of money BEFORE this system, I'm thinking a 20 foot Bambi would be around 110K USD... My new 21 28 foot one slide Aspen Trail 2340 BHSWE cost 1/3rd what the shortest (19 foot?) Airstream Bambi cost.

Can you sit in it and use the app to drive it down the road? Then you don't need a tow vehicle (sarcasm). Hey wait, they already make those and call them Class ABC...

Actually, I'm thinking someone is looking ahead to a world where most of the vehicles are Electric... THEN this kind of thing becomes very important... So, I'm glad they are doing it. But Back to tents for most regular people if that happens because these are NOT going to be cheap.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thor quality? I wonder if it causes any more sway by pushing?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think Airstream buyers are price-sensitive and they don't seem to depreciate much, but they aren't to my taste. My original thought about electric travel trailers is that they'd be able to feed their battery juice back to the tow vehicle, stretching the range. I didn't see where this one can do that.

I didn't realize Thor owned Airstream.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I don't think Airstream buyers are price-sensitive and they don't seem to depreciate much, but they aren't to my taste. My original thought about electric travel trailers is that they'd be able to feed their battery juice back to the tow vehicle, stretching the range. I didn't see where this one can do that.

I didn't realize Thor owned Airstream.
Me neither...Oh well, there goes the quality...eventually once the bean counters get hold of the books.

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
That is a giant waste of time. Have fun stopping every 50 miles to charge that thing. Especially if youre towing it with a tesla or rivian lol

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason this wouldn't "push" behind a conventional gas truck?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any reason this wouldn't "push" behind a conventional gas truck?
The article says it does push regardless of tow vehicle.

My biggest concern is the weight. A Tesla Model Y (crossover-sized SUV) is 4500 pounds, which is about 1000 pounds heavier than a similar sized SUV. If the electric aspect adds over 1000 pounds to the weight of the trailer, that just adds to payload. To save maybe 2 MPG's and then you have to charge it?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The article says it does push regardless of tow vehicle.

My biggest concern is the weight. A Tesla Model Y (crossover-sized SUV) is 4500 pounds, which is about 1000 pounds heavier than a similar sized SUV. If the electric aspect adds over 1000 pounds to the weight of the trailer, that just adds to payload. To save maybe 2 MPG's and then you have to charge it?
EV's aren't about being efficient...

😁

Users who are viewing this thread