5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric Power Washers

TireSlayer

Reaction score
Wife bought sun joe off amazon a year or two ago. She said had great reviews and a friend of ours told us about it have been pleased with it. As you stated you get what you pay for, I was very skeptical.

Have to say Im very impressed by that little thing. It’s held up well and does more then I expected. It’s no gas powered high pressure unit but it def (y) At this time for its cost.

Also matcc has foam cannon built for it which i didn’t know there was. So I’m patiently waiting for it’s arrival. Make our vehicle cleaning much quicker and cost effective.

Your wife sounds like mine lol. She bought me the Sun Joe off Amazon, because of the reviews, for Christmas 2 years ago. It works great for what I need. My only criticism would be hose length, it could be longer (that's what she said).

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
I have been using a Ryobi 1700psi RY14122 for over a year and it is great for washing the vehicles. Also added a foam cannon. No complaints and and both the hose and cord have plenty of length to move around the truck. Plus very lightweight and on wheels.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I switched to Milwaukee yard tools and an even an Ego electric lawn mower. No more gas anything!

Can’t even describe how much better I like it.

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
i bought this unit from a friend. works very well.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/greenworks...n5IfZOpkrt5QUJxIRQN1tCgZj8c1QRzQaAhFaEALw_wcB

i also bought a few hose quick disconnects, a pair of blue RV water filters, a 15 foot section of hose( for car wash use only) and a foam cannon.

the pressure washer is plenty strong enough to pre rinse before using the foam cannon. after 2 bucket wash, full rinse with the filtered pressurized water leaves no water spots.
Details on the water filters please..............

Trfnj74

Reaction score
the two pack was the best deal, only use one attached at a time.

amazon:
Camco 40042 TastePURE Inline Water Filter, Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water (Pack of 4)

I'm assuming you installed the filter before the pressure washer?

Thanks

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm assuming you installed the filter before the pressure washer?

Thanks
I actually attach the filter on the faucet then run a purpose purchased length of 15ft hose to the pressure washer. All fittings are quick disconnect from the faucet to the pressure washer including the water filter.

Last edited:

dsn112

Reaction score
If you really want to know what to buy, check out Obsessed Garage. He recently bought every AR Blue, Karcher, Greenworks, and Ryobi model and tested them all and built packages to make them better.

I actually run a Kranzle 1122TST. Sure it costs a lot of money, but it will last forever and the performance is fantastic.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I've been happy with my 2000psi Ryobi electric PW, which I bought 2 or 3 years ago. I keep it in my porch during the winter so there's never a chance of freezing, and store it in my trailer during the summer (closer to the driveway anyway, I just try to drain the water out before putting it back in the trailer on the plywood floor).

I use a Torq foam cannon (Chemical Guys) along with CG carwash, and I run regular water through it after each use to prevent the buildup of soap or whatever (just following instructions - don't tell my wife!).

I then use a silicone water blade to dry the truck and follow up with a microfiber cloth and Griot's Garage spray-on wax. Dress the tires with GG vinyl & rubber dressing and call it a day.

If I'm feeling my oats, I'll get out a GG DARO buffer and sling some Meguiar's ULW on the truck (lasts for 6 months), instead of the GG SOW.

Back to the topic of conversation. I got the 2000psi version so I could use it on my driveway, patio, siding, and other areas of use, not just the vehicles. It's worked well for me, but be careful if you use an extension cord - 14 gauge is the smallest you'll want to use. I prefer to use my 12 gauge extension cord.

-John

grifodan67

Reaction score

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is only related to the washing of vehicles, but I thought I'd ask none the less.

Those of you who use ELECTRIC power washers, what are you using? Would you recommend it to others?

The reason I am going with an electric is because of the noise primarily. I don't really have the need for really high PSI which, from what I gather, is the purpose of gas power washers.

I am personally thinking of getting something from the Greenworks brand, specifically this one https://www.greenworkstools.com/sho...rs/1950-psi-electric-pressure-washer-vertical as it seems to be a good price for the pressure you get.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Just got a Sun Joe. Highly rated. I love it. 2030 PSI. I use it for my patio and driveway. Cleans concrete easily.

Lize

Reaction score
I've got a Karcher K4 which is a step up from their lowest spec machine. Had it quite a few years now and its been very good for the cars and have also done some driveways with the wide area attachment (like an inverted bucket with rotating jets) too. I also bought the foam lance attachment.

I've not had experience of Greenworks washers but I've had their 40V battery operated gardening equipment (mower, hedge cutters, trimmer, leaf blower etc) for 5+ years and used these frequently to maintain rental property gardens (not commercial use but more frequent use than domestic), I've found them very reliable and haven't had any problems with them at all, I also have their battery compressor and assuming their corded range and the washer is of similar quality I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread