5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric Power Washers

klail

Reaction score
I know this is only related to the washing of vehicles, but I thought I'd ask none the less.

Those of you who use ELECTRIC power washers, what are you using? Would you recommend it to others?

The reason I am going with an electric is because of the noise primarily. I don't really have the need for really high PSI which, from what I gather, is the purpose of gas power washers.

I am personally thinking of getting something from the Greenworks brand, specifically this one https://www.greenworkstools.com/sho...rs/1950-psi-electric-pressure-washer-vertical as it seems to be a good price for the pressure you get.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Second the foam canon. Great accessory.
Third the foam cannon, electric is fine and safe. I used a gas one on my wife's old Landcruiser and ripped the paint right off the molding. Never did that again. Use the electric on my trailer, and it was fine. Then on our cars, and still fine. Foam cannon is a dream! PS- I got a Greenworks one from Lowes or HD. It's fine. You don't want too much "umph" anyway!

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i bought this unit from a friend. works very well.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/greenworks...n5IfZOpkrt5QUJxIRQN1tCgZj8c1QRzQaAhFaEALw_wcB

i also bought a few hose quick disconnects, a pair of blue RV water filters, a 15 foot section of hose( for car wash use only) and a foam cannon.

the pressure washer is plenty strong enough to pre rinse before using the foam cannon. after 2 bucket wash, full rinse with the filtered pressurized water leaves no water spots.

klail

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. My only hesitation with the greenworks is how long it will last. You get what you pay for kind of thing. I am definitely adding a foam cannon to the list as I have seen really good things from them and they work well with all of the suggested power washers.

Thanks for the input!

klail

Reaction score

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a Ryobi RY141612 at Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1-600-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141612/301004462. It is cheap, compact, and works great. I also bought a MATCC Foam Cannon on Amazon that I use with it on occasion. The Ryobi is perfect for just washing cars. I have a large gas pressure washer I use around the house; but wanted something smaller and quieter.

I bought the same one a few weeks ago. I love it.

How long have you had the Ryobi?

I've had mine a few weeks. Probably put about 20 hours on it so far. Nice little unit.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wife bought sun joe off amazon a year or two ago. She said had great reviews and a friend of ours told us about it have been pleased with it. As you stated you get what you pay for, I was very skeptical.

Have to say Im very impressed by that little thing. It’s held up well and does more then I expected. It’s no gas powered high pressure unit but it def (y) At this time for its cost.

Also matcc has foam cannon built for it which i didn’t know there was. So I’m patiently waiting for it’s arrival. Make our vehicle cleaning much quicker and cost effective.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sun-Joe...mp-Electric-Pressure-Washer-SPX3000/204202850

I have this one, used it 3-4 times so far. Seems alright, it was on sale for 110 when I got it so couldn’t pass it up.

I would assume it’s on the lower end of the scale, although I have nothing to base that opinion off of other than just what I’ve read online, but for the price it’s hard to beat.

I also have the foam cannon that goes with it, the sun joe brand one, it’s ok. I like that it fits the machine well with no drama. But I’ve used better ones in terms of foam quality. Personally the foam cannon is overrated to me, but I stil use it depending on how sunny it is.

mike12193

Reaction score
i bought this unit from a friend. works very well.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/greenworks...n5IfZOpkrt5QUJxIRQN1tCgZj8c1QRzQaAhFaEALw_wcB

i also bought a few hose quick disconnects, a pair of blue RV water filters, a 15 foot section of hose( for car wash use only) and a foam cannon.

the pressure washer is plenty strong enough to pre rinse before using the foam cannon. after 2 bucket wash, full rinse with the filtered pressurized water leaves no water spots.

Are you using the two RV water filters at the same time? Which ones did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machz

Reaction score
I also have the ryobi ($60 factory recon) and it has worked well for almost 2 years. I mounted it on a shelf in the garage and added quick disconnect fittings and a 50ft hose with a better wand. I use a foam cannon on it and love the setup.

klail

Reaction score
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sun-Joe...mp-Electric-Pressure-Washer-SPX3000/204202850

I have this one, used it 3-4 times so far. Seems alright, it was on sale for 110 when I got it so couldn’t pass it up.

I would assume it’s on the lower end of the scale, although I have nothing to base that opinion off of other than just what I’ve read online, but for the price it’s hard to beat.

I also have the foam cannon that goes with it, the sun joe brand one, it’s ok. I like that it fits the machine well with no drama. But I’ve used better ones in terms of foam quality. Personally the foam cannon is overrated to me, but I stil use it depending on how sunny it is.
$110 is a great price for that. Dang! I will be getting a foam cannon separately from the one that comes with the washer. From every review I have watched, the ones that come bundled aren't worth darn.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you using the two RV water filters at the same time? Which ones did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the two pack was the best deal, only use one attached at a time.

amazon:
Camco 40042 TastePURE Inline Water Filter, Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water (Pack of 4)

klail

Reaction score

silverbullet

Reaction score
I'll never go back to a gas power washer for my needs. They're far lighter and they turn on everytime....is it the spark? gas? your dumbass brother who never puts it back the way he found it? No matter, plug it in, turn it on!

klail

Reaction score
I'll never go back to a gas power washer for my needs. They're far lighter and they turn on everytime....is it the spark? gas? your dumbass brother who never puts it back the way he found it? No matter, plug it in, turn it on!
I hear ya. Fewer components to go wrong on an electric. Plus, the gas are sooo dang loud. The electric are only kind of loud when you are spraying. The gas stay on much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread