5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach shocks/level - WOW

Chan_man808

Reaction score
Resurrecting this, so it looks like the best options is to use stock springs no need for the eibach ones?

Kamper

Reaction score
working great for me - near level now front to back (I didn't max the clip height on the front struts for just a wee bit of rake)... I have the NON ORG package w standard springs.

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The standard springs work well in the front and give the advertised lift. I used 1" Eibach springs in the rear because I wanted it higher when empty. The Eibach rear springs ride better than stock with the extra travel.

TDHawks

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here.

I also have the leveling shocks on the front set at 3, which is 1.8" to level the truck. I want to go back and take it up to 4 and have the truck sit at 2.75" high in the front. If I do this, do I need new UCA's? In the rear, would I be able to get away with a 1 or 1.5" spacer to level/slight rake or do I need to go the Eibach route like I did in the front and purchase the rear shocks?

Thank you.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here.

I also have the leveling shocks on the front set at 3, which is 1.8" to level the truck. I want to go back and take it up to 4 and have the truck sit at 2.75" high in the front. If I do this, do I need new UCA's? In the rear, would I be able to get away with a 1 or 1.5" spacer to level/slight rake or do I need to go the Eibach route like I did in the front and purchase the rear shocks?

Thank you.
Spacers are fine in the rear. You do not need to use the coils. If you have the ORP you may not even get anything out of the coils.

rideexileex

Reaction score
Posting my experience here - My use is to haul a camper with MILD off-roading and as a cruiser.

Ram 1500 5.7 4x4 with factory ORG and rear Airlift airbags:

I installed the Eibachs with the factory ORG springs, front set at +1.8"
Then I added .75" rear spacers: Daystar-KJ09192 .75" REAR Lift Kit
In effect, they gave somewhere between .5 &.75".

I have Bilstein 1500's on another Tacoma and they really communicate every little bump, making for a harsh ride, but GREAT for a work truck or something to really give firm control. The Eibachs eat this up and makes for a much smoother and comfortable ride on the pavement and washboard, while still performing better on bigger dampening than factory. I noticed the factory shocks having horrible rebound and control with our camper which the Eibachs solve. Eibachs are PERFECT middle ground compromise. I love my KING shocks on my long travel Toyota, but they have no place here. I use my airbags to compensate for the weight of the camper when installed.

Unloaded factory 5/8 full gas tank, no air in bags: (Photo 1)
Driver front 37 , Passenger front 37.25
Driver rear 40, Passenger rear 40.25

Eibachs installed, no spacers and too flat IMO: (Photo 2)
Driver front 39.5, Passenger front 40
Driver rear 40, Passenger rear 40.5

Final setup, Eibachs with rear .75" Daystar spacer: (Photo 3)
Driver rear 40.5, Passenger rear 41

(All measured from ground, along centerline of wheel, to first flat surface of the wheel well, to closest 1/4")

Attachments

• 1_FACTORY.jpg
    1_FACTORY.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 97
  • 2_LEVEL.jpg
    2_LEVEL.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 3_REAR-SPACERS.jpg
    3_REAR-SPACERS.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're enjoying them. Mine are still doing well for me. Little over 3 yrs on them now.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Posting my experience here - My use is to haul a camper with MILD off-roading and as a cruiser.

Ram 1500 5.7 4x4 with factory ORG and rear Airlift airbags:

I installed the Eibachs with the factory ORG springs, front set at +1.8"
Then I added .75" rear spacers: Daystar-KJ09192 .75" REAR Lift Kit
In effect, they gave somewhere between .5 &.75".

I have Bilstein 1500's on another Tacoma and they really communicate every little bump, making for a harsh ride, but GREAT for a work truck or something to really give firm control. The Eibachs eat this up and makes for a much smoother and comfortable ride on the pavement and washboard, while still performing better on bigger dampening than factory. I noticed the factory shocks having horrible rebound and control with our camper which the Eibachs solve. Eibachs are PERFECT middle ground compromise. I love my KING shocks on my long travel Toyota, but they have no place here. I use my airbags to compensate for the weight of the camper when installed.

Unloaded factory 5/8 full gas tank, no air in bags: (Photo 1)
Driver front 37 , Passenger front 37.25
Driver rear 40, Passenger rear 40.25

Eibachs installed, no spacers and too flat IMO: (Photo 2)
Driver rear 40, Passenger rear 40.5

Final setup, Eibachs with rear .75" Daystar spacer: (Photo 3)
Driver rear 40.5, Passenger rear 41

(All measured from ground, along centerline of wheel, to first flat surface of the wheel well, to closest 1/4")
Your truck looks good with that spacer (#3).
Question, whats the weight of the camper vs your payload?
You've added some nice accessories as well.

rideexileex

Reaction score
Your truck looks good with that spacer (#3).
Question, whats the weight of the camper vs your payload?
You've added some nice accessories as well.
Thanks!
Our camper is a minimal setup - base 950, guessing our's as configured and loaded is close to 1200lb:

My rated payload is ~1800lb, so I am close to the number when fully loaded (just wife and I). The airbags definitely help make this weight manageable. I am very tempted to remove the rear seats entirely to gain ~100lbs back, ha and more storage room.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks!
Our camper is a minimal setup - base 950, guessing our's as configured and loaded is close to 1200lb:

My rated payload is ~1800lb, so I am close to the number when fully loaded (just wife and I). The airbags definitely help make this weight manageable. I am very tempted to remove the rear seats entirely to gain ~100lbs back, ha and more storage room.
Never thought of doing that if the seats arent needed… thats a great idea!
Sadly my Ltd has only a 1370 payload but then I knew that going in…

Rightside

Reaction score
I added the Eibach to the front, non ORP truck, and got solid 2 inches if not more. Passenger side is actually higher in front than rear per the tape measure. I bought some rear ORP springs and I'm thinking about adding them. A little aggravated the Eibach's gave me more than the advertised 1.8". Anyone else have some experience or went the same route?

Ready Go

Reaction score
I added the Eibach to the front, non ORP truck, and got solid 2 inches if not more. Passenger side is actually higher in front than rear per the tape measure. I bought some rear ORP springs and I'm thinking about adding them. A little aggravated the Eibach's gave me more than the advertised 1.8". Anyone else have some experience or went the same route?
Are you 4x4 or 4x2?
4x2 has higher heights than 4x4 per clip location.
When I do mine, I may start at Clip #2 (0.6") instead of Clip #3 (1.2").
I did see someone else post that Clip #3 gave them 1.5" not the 1.2" advertised.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Give it a couple hundred miles to settle. I’m willing to bet it will come down at least 1/4”.

Rightside

Reaction score
It is a 4x4. Doesn't make sense how Eibach has different settings for 4x4 vs 4x2 but Bilstein is the same. Been a month, not settled at all. Will likely add the ORP springs to the rear and hopefully it will ride fine without needing longer shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread