5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach shocks/level - WOW

Kamper

Reaction score
Alright - so here goes.

After a solid 5-6 weeks of researching, reading, listening etc - I decided to go the Eibach route for my truck. Part of the decision was if I bought it out from lease or went new. Well - bought it out - for many solid reasons but not the point here.

I contemplated top hats in the front, Mopar lift (w fox etc), Bilstein, Eibach etc... lots of ways to get depending on the desired end state.

My end state was - close to leveled - slight rake. Better ride quality (or at minimum nice as stock).

Bilstien out of stock when I decided I would go new shocks frt/rear and use the adjustable spring perch plus better than stock struts/shocks to accomplish my goal. So in researching deeper, Eibach landed right on the same radar screen. AND in stock. PLUS - American designed and mfg - not a priority but what a nice bonus.

Shop guy has done a lot of suspension and considers Bilstein as the gold standard for aftermarket upgrades to suspension. When he got the shocks in the shop and researched further - as he put it - "these things are beautiful and not to nerd on it - but made in the USA"

Install went great and the outcome in ride quality is simply better than hoped. I went second clip from highest to maintain a little rake but get a better profile. I went w Stock springs per some very solid and responsive feedback from Eibach... made in USA and you can buy direct and contact them direct - they answer phone and email in record time. Part of what solidified my decision to buy.

Ride quality when put to the test is simply undeniably better every where and in every way. Seriously - it handles every road surface, imperfections and rough stuff better.

If you were thinking Bils... consider the Eibach. I get nothing from stating this and not affiliated in any way. Just one heck of a pleased consumer! Will post pics once I get a chance!!

Blade

Reaction score
So you reused your stock springs? Were they ORG or normal?
Interested as well. I have a Rebel but was told by Eibach that they have not tried the leveling struts on a Rebel and they don't suggest the install.

Kamper

Reaction score
I told Eibach I was primarily looking to level the front and improve ride quality. Most driving is highway and some gravel roads but nothing truly "off-road". They recommended stock springs for what I was after with their shocks vs their springs. Ride is better in that its more composed, less nose dive during braking, less jounce over larger bumps/train tracks etc... its more "firm" without being stiff.

I have a Laramie, 4x4, NON ORG.

scroggbi

Reaction score
I am interested too if the original springs were used. I am considering going with the Eibachs due to availability. I have the ORG on my truck, so i'm concerned if my stock springs will work with the Eibach struts.

Kamper

Reaction score
yes - I used the stock springs (NON ORG) and upper control arms. All I added were Eibach front struts/rear shocks and they were installed using all other stock hardware/componentry.

Don't hesitate to contact Eibach - they were great and responsive and I suspect will guide you just fine.

On the second from highest circlip mount setting I have about 1/2 inch of rake. I was at a full 2inches prior. My mechanic believes we could have gone highest mount and had a perfect level - but I do put stuff in the bed and tow and didn't want to end up nose high. I haven't taken any pix yet - but it looks great and you'd almost be hard pressed to see that 1/2 inch of rake... if you aren't looking for it

scroggbi

Reaction score
I ordered the Eibach struts and Rough Country upper control arms yesterday. I will be installing 20x10, +1 offset, with 33x12.50 tires. My truck has the ORG and I will be using my stock springs on the new struts. I will provide feedback here once I have everything installed. I'll post before and after rake measurements and any other feedback I can for installation ease and ride/drive quality.

Hopefully this will help out fellow ORG and Rebel owners. Plus with Eibach having the struts in stock it could help others get their setups installed sooner than waiting on back ordered parts.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright - so here goes.

After a solid 5-6 weeks of researching, reading, listening etc - I decided to go the Eibach route for my truck. Part of the decision was if I bought it out from lease or went new. Well - bought it out - for many solid reasons but not the point here.

I contemplated top hats in the front, Mopar lift (w fox etc), Bilstein, Eibach etc... lots of ways to get depending on the desired end state.

My end state was - close to leveled - slight rake. Better ride quality (or at minimum nice as stock).

Bilstien out of stock when I decided I would go new shocks frt/rear and use the adjustable spring perch plus better than stock struts/shocks to accomplish my goal. So in researching deeper, Eibach landed right on the same radar screen. AND in stock. PLUS - American designed and mfg - not a priority but what a nice bonus.

Shop guy has done a lot of suspension and considers Bilstein as the gold standard for aftermarket upgrades to suspension. When he got the shocks in the shop and researched further - as he put it - "these things are beautiful and not to nerd on it - but made in the USA"

Install went great and the outcome in ride quality is simply better than hoped. I went second clip from highest to maintain a little rake but get a better profile. I went w Stock springs per some very solid and responsive feedback from Eibach... made in USA and you can buy direct and contact them direct - they answer phone and email in record time. Part of what solidified my decision to buy.

Ride quality when put to the test is simply undeniably better every where and in every way. Seriously - it handles every road surface, imperfections and rough stuff better.

If you were thinking Bils... consider the Eibach. I get nothing from stating this and not affiliated in any way. Just one heck of a pleased consumer! Will post pics once I get a chance!!
I am also looking at Eibach, because of the Bilstein delays . . . The shop I was at today expressed concern about getting the factory lower spring seat off of the OEM strut . . . I have to assume your shop had no issues ? Please let me know . . . I'm ready to pull the trigger

Kamper

Reaction score
my mechanic expressed some similar concern prior to starting the work. We agreed that IF he felt there would be issues getting the stock perch off stock strut, he'd stop and we'd determine the path forward. IE - purchase new spring perches or whatever. I can't state specifically what he did - but he was able to get them off relatively easy once he get the strut off and started his process. He stated he carefully worked his way around the weld to break it - than cleaned up the perch once freed up and installed on the Eibach. For my job - which included "looking for the front end clunk" (mostly determined its likely the sway bar end link bushings are done) was about 5 hrs of total work. Because it was his first Eiback shock/strut install he went over everything a second time to be sure it was all torqued, seated, installed etc properly

scroggbi

Reaction score
I am also looking at Eibach, because of the Bilstein delays . . . The shop I was at today expressed concern about getting the factory lower spring seat off of the OEM strut . . . I have to assume your shop had no issues ? Please let me know . . . I'm ready to pull the trigger

On the OEM struts (yellow bilstein) on a ORG/Rebel truck, the lower perch comes off easily with a few small taps from a hammer. If you choose to go with new lower perches, I have seen them in stock at many local and internet vendors.

puba08

Reaction score
Eibachs install fine. Riding on them almost 2 years and no issues. The are just like the Bilsteins and In stock (cheaper too I believe). I have the Bils in my other two Rams and it’s exactly the same ride. Set them at 1.8 with the ORG springs. My truck is perfectly leveled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scroggbi

Reaction score
Eibachs install fine. Riding on them almost 2 years and no issues. The are just like the Bilsteins and In stock (cheaper too I believe). I have the Bils in my other two Rams and it’s exactly the same ride. Set them at 1.8 with the ORG springs. My truck is perfectly leveled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info! When you say you set them at 1.8 with the ORG springs, what ring was that on the strut? I believe they have 4 rings, was it the 3rd ring you used?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! When you say you set them at 1.8 with the ORG springs, what ring was that on the strut? I believe they have 4 rings, was it the 3rd ring you used?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331-213510_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-213510_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 303

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I kinda wish I did the eibachs because the bilsteins did absolutely nothing to the ride quality. Didn’t make it worse but also not any better. FYI bilstein 4600s that come stock on the rebels are the same shock as the 5100, the only difference is the 5100 is height adjustable, but it’s the same valving. Naturally though, the higher you go the more preload you’re putting on the spring and the worse the ride quality will be. This is true for eibach or bilstein, but maybe eibach accounted for that in their tuning better, idk.

scroggbi

Reaction score
Here's my update to this post after I installed just front Eibach struts and Rough Country upper control arms

My truck is a 2022 Laramie with Off Road Group.

Stock fender height (was 41" rear and 39 front, stock rake 2". I installed the Eibach struts and used my stock ORG springs. After install fender height was 41 rear and 40 1/2" front, rake is now 1/2 inch. I had the shop use the third ring on the struts, which only lifted the front 1 1/5 inches and I believe this is because my truck is a EcoDiesel and the engine probably weighs more than a HEMI.

I also installed Fuel Blitz wheels, 20x9 with +1 offset. Tires are Nitto Recon Grapplers 285/60/20. I also installed Husky mud flaps front and rear. I have no tire rub and no clunky noise from springs since I installed the RC upper control arms to correct the upper ball joint angle.

All in all I have happy with the cost and how it all turned out.

Ride, in my opinion, is very close to stock and hard to tell the struts were even changed out.

I'll add pics shortly, the truck is currently at the tint shop and getting ghost armor on the front.

Users who are viewing this thread