5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach shocks/level - WOW

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tempted to order these. I’ve had Bilstein on my previous 4th Gen and have a set sitting in storage for my 5th gen but won’t bother installing until I purchase wheels/tires. Ride quality was good but these 5th gens ride so much better and hate to ruin that. These might just be the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What setting is that ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1.8" also for what it's worth - my truck rides better with the Eibachs than it did stock. I wrote a whole thread about it when I installed them.

TheColt69

Reaction score
1.8" also for what it's worth - my truck rides better with the Eibachs than it did stock. I wrote a whole thread about it when I installed them.

Is this with the ORG springs?? I've been thinking about the 6112's but I've been | | this close on getting Eibachs before. Just didn't realize the ORG would throw a little wrench into everything I was planning on doing, when I get around to doing it anyways... Also, assuming I'd still need new UCAs with any kind of level on the ORG? I'll be sticking with the stock wheels and hopefully going to a 295/60r20 or 35x11.50?

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this with the ORG springs?? I've been thinking about the 6112's but I've been | | this close on getting Eibachs before. Just didn't realize the ORG would throw a little wrench into everything I was planning on doing, when I get around to doing it anyways... Also, assuming I'd still need new UCAs with any kind of level on the ORG? I'll be sticking with the stock wheels, because I like them, and hopefully going to a 295/60r20
Yup, that's with the ORG springs and I never changed out my UCAs. I think in that thread I may have taken pictures of my angles but it looked fine. I know they're on the forums somewhere lol. My truck is mostly a pavement princess. We do live on a lot of acreage so it gets some light offroad duties as well but we're going on 2 yrs since installation and zero issues.

scroggbi

Reaction score
Is this with the ORG springs?? I've been thinking about the 6112's but I've been | | this close on getting Eibachs before. Just didn't realize the ORG would throw a little wrench into everything I was planning on doing, when I get around to doing it anyways... Also, assuming I'd still need new UCAs with any kind of level on the ORG? I'll be sticking with the stock wheels and hopefully going to a 295/60r20 or 35x11.50?
With all my research before going with the Eibachs on an ORG optioned stated you will need to change the upper control arms so the stock ORG springs do not rub against the control arms. I went with the rough country upper control arms. I have not rubbing or binding on the ball joints. Was worth the $350 spent on the UCAs.

TheColt69

Reaction score
With all my research before going with the Eibachs on an ORG optioned stated you will need to change the upper control arms so the stock ORG springs do not rub against the control arms. I went with the rough country upper control arms. I have not rubbing or binding on the ball joints. Was worth the $350 spent on the UCAs.
Right on! Much appreciated! On my 4th gen I did the Zone Offroad UCAs with bilsteins set to 2.8, was told I probably wouldn't have to, but did it anyways because it was a nice truck that deserved to be done the right way lol. Better safe than sorry anyways, so good to know I'll just do it again on this one! Might go JBA's this time since they look pretty and I'm sure they are good haha

Mattbryan660

Reaction score

Kamper

Reaction score
Hmm - if I click the link it shows awd... you can start by simply going to products and entering your truck info and than it will give a list of products - that should correct/solve for what you are seeing

Tika

Reaction score
i have had the eibach kit with their springs for awhile now just been lazy getting round to it.........i want to have a shop mount the eibach/spring shock up as complete unit and i will install on truck.......do i need a top hat, spring seat, and isolator from mopar to make a complete strut?.......i want to keep oem strut complete and just replace a complete eibach strut ......i dont want to use parts off the oem to build the eibach strut but just need to know what i need from mopar, kyb or whoever to make it work.........

with eibach spring should be around 2.75'' front and 1'' in rear....ill get a UCA as well

Tika

Reaction score
btw no reason it wont work on ORG or rebel........they only use a strut lift or spring for those pkgs so if you use a bilstein or eibach kit youre just scraping out whatever came stock in the truck......you lose whatever height the truck had and gain whatever the new one is ......i put a AT4 bilstein kit in GMC elevation with an eibach spring on last truck and worked perfectly........as long as diameter of spring is correct .....the longer spring gives you a bit more height......probably same as ram does with ORG to gain 1''

if you have a bilstein 5100 kit and want to gain another inch use eibach lift spring instead of OEM spring.......much better than spacer imo..........bilstein and eibach kits are almost identical aside from valving........

2wd and 4wd is same........one has cv axles and one doesnt, 2wd is easier and one less thing to worry about.......should fit 2wd no problem, not aware of any weird thing ram does differently than other brands between 2wd and 4wd.......its just the front differential and CVs on 4wd and 2wd has none

dirtydog24

Reaction score
btw no reason it wont work on ORG or rebel........they only use a strut lift or spring for those pkgs so if you use a bilstein or eibach kit youre just scraping out whatever came stock in the truck......you lose whatever height the truck had and gain whatever the new one is ......i put a AT4 bilstein kit in GMC elevation with an eibach spring on last truck and worked perfectly........as long as diameter of spring is correct .....the longer spring gives you a bit more height......probably same as ram does with ORG to gain 1''

if you have a bilstein 5100 kit and want to gain another inch use eibach lift spring instead of OEM spring.......much better than spacer imo..........bilstein and eibach kits are almost identical aside from valving........

2wd and 4wd is same........one has cv axles and one doesnt, 2wd is easier and one less thing to worry about.......should fit 2wd no problem, not aware of any weird thing ram does differently than other brands between 2wd and 4wd.......its just the front differential and CVs on 4wd and 2wd has none

Do you have the part # for kit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tika

Reaction score
for Eibach?

E80-27-011-02-22........this is complete kit with springs.......2 struts, 2 shocks and 4 springs

Last edited:

TheColt69

Reaction score
Eibach doesn’t have the complete strut assembly yet correct? Should someone just get the front struts to level it? Is it recommended to get both the struts and springs? Will that make it ride any better than just the struts with factory ORG springs? Still trying to really decide what’s “best”, which u know is, generally, just opinions… but still lol. Still thinking I should upgrade UCAs… but hell I don’t know just yet 😐

Edit to clarify, I have the ORG so the rear is already an inch higher than factory, so I will be setting it to the highest setting

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I mean I don't really know how much better their springs can be. It rides better than it did before and it rode great stock. I personally don't think the springs are worth it since you already have ORG.

I think the UCA is for your peace of mind. I checked mine after seeing this thread and as I mentioned before I've never done an real trail riding or off roading but neither my springs or my UCAs show any signs of rubbing. I bought the UCAs from the 2" MOPAR lift but never put them on because I didn't feel like messing with it. If you're going to be doing off roading then I think I'd buy it but just driving around town and on my property doesn't warrant the price for me.

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered front and rear shocks from Eibach. I will use them with the factory (non-ORG) springs up front, but Eibach 1' springs in the rear. I'm not a fan of the level look and I don't want it pointing to the sky every time I load up the bed. The Quad cab is not listed as an application so I'll be interested to see if I get more lift than a crew cab which is heavier.

TheColt69

Reaction score
I mean I don't really know how much better their springs can be. It rides better than it did before and it rode great stock. I personally don't think the springs are worth it since you already have ORG.

I think the UCA is for your peace of mind. I checked mine after seeing this thread and as I mentioned before I've never done an real trail riding or off roading but neither my springs or my UCAs show any signs of rubbing. I bought the UCAs from the 2" MOPAR lift but never put them on because I didn't feel like messing with it. If you're going to be doing off roading then I think I'd buy it but just driving around town and on my property doesn't warrant the price for me.
Good to know! Another question about what I may be misunderstanding… with the OffRoad Group springs, if I get the adjustable Eibach shocks for the front, will I want to set it at the highest setting to get the full 2.75” front level? Or are the ORG springs what actually lifts it the extra inch already, so I only need to have the adjustable shock set at around 2” to get the level? I was thinking by getting a new shock, that would essentially take away the ORG and replace it with whatever setting I go with on the shock. But I may be thinking of that if I went with a full coil over assembly like the Bilsteins 6112?

I think I’ve been looking at all the things and mixing/matching information 😂

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know! Another question about what I may be misunderstanding… with the OffRoad Group springs, if I get the adjustable Eibach shocks for the front, will I want to set it at the highest setting to get the full 2.75” front level? Or are the ORG springs what actually lifts it the extra inch already, so I only need to have the adjustable shock set at around 2” to get the level? I was thinking by getting a new shock, that would essentially take away the ORG and replace it with whatever setting I go with on the shock. But I may be thinking of that if I went with a full coil over assembly like the Bilsteins 6112?

I think I’ve been looking at all the things and mixing/matching information 😂
Check the picture of my truck a page or so back. It's set at 1.8". If you do the full 2.7" then you definitely need new UCAs. From 2"+ the need for UCAs becomes greater.

The ORG springs are 1" taller than normal springs on a Ram. When you move that circlip you're just moving where those springs rest on the shock. You're effectively "lengthening" the shock when you move the circlip position. So as long as you keep those spring you've already got 1" on a non-org truck plus whatever additional "length" you get from the shock.

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
Check the picture of my truck a page or so back. It's set at 1.8". If you do the full 2.7" then you definitely need new UCAs. From 2"+ the need for UCAs becomes greater.

The ORG springs are 1" taller than normal springs on a Ram. When you move that circlip you're just moving where those springs rest on the shock. You're effectively "lengthening" the shock when you move the circlip position. So as long as you keep those spring you've already got 1" on a non-org truck plus whatever additional "length" you get from the shock.
I appreciate your posts on this subject. I'm looking for shocks and struts, just hit 50k and front end feels busier than it did new. It is non ORG and rear level springs (2" drop) with the Hellwig set tight and the truck handles like a big sport sedan. Will the Eibach kit referenced above lift the truck at all, (don't want) or if I install with the existing springs will it still improve and tighten back up the ride and wheel control?
I guess my concern is the damping works better at the more extended 1.5 front level position. TIA

Users who are viewing this thread