5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach shocks/level - WOW

myramtrx

Reaction score
Here's my update to this post after I installed just front Eibach struts and Rough Country upper control arms

My truck is a 2022 Laramie with Off Road Group.

Stock fender height (was 41" rear and 39 front, stock rake 2". I installed the Eibach struts and used my stock ORG springs. After install fender height was 41 rear and 40 1/2" front, rake is now 1/2 inch. I had the shop use the third ring on the struts, which only lifted the front 1 1/5 inches and I believe this is because my truck is a EcoDiesel and the engine probably weighs more than a HEMI.

I also installed Fuel Blitz wheels, 20x9 with +1 offset. Tires are Nitto Recon Grapplers 285/60/20. I also installed Husky mud flaps front and rear. I have no tire rub and no clunky noise from springs since I installed the RC upper control arms to correct the upper ball joint angle.

All in all I have happy with the cost and how it all turned out.

Ride, in my opinion, is very close to stock and hard to tell the struts were even changed out.

I'll add pics shortly, the truck is currently at the tint shop and getting ghost armor on the front.
Can you share the part number for the Eibach struts? Thanks

Jack.

Reaction score
I'm currently just waiting on my rear shocks from bilstein. Is the thjng about the stock shocks being the same as the 5100s? 😩 I got a laramie without the orp

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm currently just waiting on my rear shocks from bilstein. Is the thjng about the stock shocks being the same as the 5100s? I got a laramie without the orp

Not true … Non-ORP stock shocks are not as good as 5100’s …. Also, I spoke with Bilstein yesterday, and the rear 5100’s will start shipping in June …. Unfortunately the front adjustables have been pushed out to October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man these Bilsteins are like gold lol they just keep getting pushed back further and further. Im glad I ordered them a few days after I purchased my truck and avoided all this hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jack.

Reaction score
Not true … Non-ORP stock shocks are not as good as 5100’s …. Also, I spoke with Bilstein yesterday, and the rear 5100’s will start shipping in June …. Unfortunately the front adjustables have been pushed out to October

Ah cool, thanks for the clarification, though I was wasting money and time waiting for them. So I got the front bilstein 5100 delivered like months ago, just waiting for the rear... maybe I should go with eibach rear

Jack.

Reaction score
Oh BTW while I'm on it. Anyone know the height different between a regular ram vs a orp / rebel ? Like the front / rear and the rake?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah cool, thanks for the clarification, though I was wasting money and time waiting for them. So I got the front bilstein 5100 delivered like months ago, just waiting for the rear... maybe I should go with eibach rear

Nah …. Just wait till June for the rears …. You want the matched dampening

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn’t mix and match either wait for the Bilstein rear or go front and rear Eibach.

Tika

Reaction score
eibach and bilstein use different valving methods........one is digressive and other progressive

had bilstein 5100s on 2021 GMC and wasnt too crazy about them......prefer the feel of progressive valving....

icon uses digressive same as bilstein

ill do eibachs for my ram....wonder if there spring gains a lil more height over stock springs.?......they did in my GMC

Skg74

Reaction score
eibach and bilstein use different valving methods........one is digressive and other progressive

had bilstein 5100s on 2021 GMC and wasnt too crazy about them......prefer the feel of progressive valving....

ill do eibachs for my ram....wonder if there spring gains a lil more height over stock springs.?......they did in my GMC
I did the pro lift kit from Eibach and the rear springs were 1” lift. I’m not sure of the actual lift height on the fronts. It raised my fronts 2 1/2” and rear 1”. I still have about 1/2” of rake, you can go level though by going up to the next ring. I also installed the new front sway bar end links from suspension maxx, and they made a heck of an improvement also.

Lukc22

Reaction score
Alright - so here goes.

After a solid 5-6 weeks of researching, reading, listening etc - I decided to go the Eibach route for my truck. Part of the decision was if I bought it out from lease or went new. Well - bought it out - for many solid reasons but not the point here.

I contemplated top hats in the front, Mopar lift (w fox etc), Bilstein, Eibach etc... lots of ways to get depending on the desired end state.

My end state was - close to leveled - slight rake. Better ride quality (or at minimum nice as stock).

Bilstien out of stock when I decided I would go new shocks frt/rear and use the adjustable spring perch plus better than stock struts/shocks to accomplish my goal. So in researching deeper, Eibach landed right on the same radar screen. AND in stock. PLUS - American designed and mfg - not a priority but what a nice bonus.

Shop guy has done a lot of suspension and considers Bilstein as the gold standard for aftermarket upgrades to suspension. When he got the shocks in the shop and researched further - as he put it - "these things are beautiful and not to nerd on it - but made in the USA"

Install went great and the outcome in ride quality is simply better than hoped. I went second clip from highest to maintain a little rake but get a better profile. I went w Stock springs per some very solid and responsive feedback from Eibach... made in USA and you can buy direct and contact them direct - they answer phone and email in record time. Part of what solidified my decision to buy.

Ride quality when put to the test is simply undeniably better every where and in every way. Seriously - it handles every road surface, imperfections and rough stuff better.

If you were thinking Bils... consider the Eibach. I get nothing from stating this and not affiliated in any way. Just one heck of a pleased consumer! Will post pics once I get a chance!!
Thank you for this write up... Would you have the part number to the struts? Also, did you replace rear shocks with Eibach? Thank you

Jackieee_Ram

Reaction score

Wish I knew this before I jumped on the Bilstein wagon. Had 6112s go in along with wheels and tires. Was surprised how firm it rode on the road. Expansion joints and cracks were easily transmitted to steering wheel and heard

Swapped over to Fox 2.0 coilovers and made me a believer. Non org trucks are way too soft. Swapped out rear springs to org springs along with Fox 2.0 and the ride it perfect imo

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What setting is that ^

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I need to order tires soon. I am torn on level or a 2" lift.. if i do 2" on the fron I would like an inch in the rear. I do tow a stout car flatbed. So i'll be doing bags in the rear to aid the anti squat.

Is anyone running the Eibach springs?

Reaction score
Just installed these today on the truck after having ordered Bilsteins in March and having to wait since back ordered. I read this thread and decided to pull the trigger since I have experience using the company albeit on motorcycle suspensions. I ordered the eibachs on Sunday through summit racing and they were at my door step on Thursday. I then called and canceled the Bilstein order. My initial verdict is it did not disappoint at all but just the opposite very impressed with it, the ride hasn't changed at all intact added benefit is definite reduced nose dive at hard braking. Will add pictures tomorrow, want to make sure I take it from the same reference point. But if you are on the fence I say go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/